Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects   Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:28 am

Wondering what ideas people have for identifying possible Z suspects. I am not married to any ONE suspect or POI (although I have a couple favorites), and I am always looking at potential Z candidates, and I am curious what ideas people have for developing and/or researching potential suspects. I think some people get too hung up on one suspect and then have 'blinders' on from there on out, when we really should all be looking at various people(when I say WE- I mean those of us that are interested in suspects & POI's, some people are not interested in looking at suspects which is fine)

A recent project I am working with, is trying to identify people or Families that have lived in Solano County, in addition to one OR two of the following locations, SANTA BARBARA & RIVERSIDE COUNTIES. Obviously, we have the Z crimes in Solano County, but also strong possibilities of Z crimes in Riverside (Bates) and Santa Barbara (Domingos/Edwards). Finding an individual or family that has lived in all 3, should make for a short list.

Here is an example of an obituary taken from the Riverside Press Enterprise-

SWANSON, ALICE CAROLINE MATIAS 91, died December 18, 2004 in Kingman, Arizona. She was born May 12, 1913 in Chicago, Ill. She had been a resident of Sierra Dawn in Hemet, California for more than 30 years. During her years in Sierra Dawn she was active in the Travel Club and a member of several bridge groups. She and her late husband, CW04 Albert Bertel Swanson, U.S.N., were Pearl Harbor survivors. She also lived in Lompoc and Vallejo, Calif. and New London, Connecticut. She leaves a son, Arthur Swanson of Kingman, Arizona, a daughter, Alice Frenck of Gaithersburg, Maryland, four grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren; brother, Frank Matias, Sandwich, IL; Sister, Evelyn Neubauer of Iowa City, IA. A memorial service will be held at Hemet Valley Mortuary, in Hemet on Wed., Dec. 29, 2004, 11am. Services Entrusted to: HEMET VALLEY MORTUARY (951) 658-4433
Published in the Press-Enterprise on 12/26/2004.

The hard part would be to put a timeline together of when a person or family lived in these locations to see if they lined up with the possible Z timeline, but if you found a white male, that matched certain Z charcteristics and lived in the right areas at the right time, it could be worth it. Anybody else have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Zero
Police Officer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects   Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 1:55 am

Every white male that went to Vallejo High School from 1945 to 1967 or thereabouts. Start with the As and just go down the list. I wish I were kidding...
Back to top Go down
Qz1
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects   Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 2:54 am

Gain access to all law enforcement suspect files. Most of them are probably dead anyway.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects   Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 10:04 am

Zero wrote:
Every white male that went to Vallejo High School from 1945 to 1967 or thereabouts. Start with the As and just go down the list. I wish I were kidding...

Yeah you aren't kidding. I think if we are doing that, then we would have to check everyone in the Riverside/san Bernardino areas,as well as the santa Barbara areas.
Back to top Go down
Zero
Police Officer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects   Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:37 pm

How about convicted killers from the Vallejo area that are near Z's age? Maybe he got caught later and was never linked to the Zodiac crimes. Bonus points for military and/or merchant marine background and cases where motive was not clearly established, IMO.

Old library books might be interesting. In the days long before the internet Z probably read books on crime, murder, hunting, outdoors, etc. There should be names and handwriting in the check out cards (if they are still around).

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects   Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:42 pm

Zero wrote:
How about convicted killers from the Vallejo area that are near Z's age? Maybe he got caught later and was never linked to the Zodiac crimes. Bonus points for military and/or merchant marine background and cases where motive was not clearly established, IMO.

Old library books might be interesting. In the days long before the internet Z probably read books on crime, murder, hunting, outdoors, etc. There should be names and handwriting in the check out cards (if they are still around).

Good ideas!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects   Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:56 am

Cross referencing people that lived in Vallejo circa 68-74, and previously had lived in Riverside 66-67, and maybe even Santa Barbara area circa 1963. Also looking for people that may have been incarcerated in Deer Lodge and then wound up in Vallejo. Finding a person that lived in all of these areas at teh right time, and had previously been in Deer Lodge would be....PRICELESS...like the commercial says
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects   Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for identifying possible Z suspects
Page 1 of 1