Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??

Go down 
+10
Daniel Gillotti
onewhoknows
patinky
Quicktrader
Theforeigner
traveller1st
morf13
tracers
bentley
tahoe27
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
bentley
Chief
bentley

Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac?? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac?? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:35 am

The last two pages belong on a new thread. silent (done!- tahoe27)

Top 2 Cs are from the H card envelope, notice the hook at the top, as some use in forming C. Bottom 2 are typical Z (Bus Bomb letter). I don't think you will find a case where Z used a hook. Wonder what Morrill would have to say about this.

Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac?? - Page 6 C110

Last edited by tahoe27 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Off-topic conversation moved. bentley's first comment does not pertain to comments above)
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac?? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:30 pm

bentley wrote:
The last two pages belong on a new thread. silent

Top 2 Cs are from the H card envelope, notice the hook at the top, as some use in forming C. Bottom 2 are typical Z (Bus Bomb letter). I don't think you will find a case where Z used a hook. Wonder what Morrill would have to say about this.

Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac?? - Page 6 C110

Agreed about a new thread. Will move some of this stuff later.

Great comparisons with the "c's" bentley! I too wonder what S.M. would have to say.
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac?? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 1:42 pm

Were the above C's written with the same type writing utensil?
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac?? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:39 pm

I have seen no documentation on what the envelope was written on with. I considered the possibility that the the top's of the Cs contain blotches of ink, however other letters do not show anything of the sort.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac?? - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:56 am

bentley wrote:
I have seen no documentation on what the envelope was written on with. I considered the possibility that the the top's of the Cs contain blotches of ink, however other letters do not show anything of the sort.

I think that close eaxmination of the various handwriting is a good idea,and should be done,however, I have heard multiple times that an original document is much better for examination as opposed to a copy. Add to that, some that are scanned, copies of copie can be brought up and enhanceds,etc,and then put on an internet site,then it may be hard to make firm coclusions,not to mention losing quality when you enhance or enlarge stuff. Now I HAVE SEEN in the past,specifically with the Hautz envelope thanks to Bentley,how things like postmarks,dates,etc
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac?? - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:25 am

morf13 wrote:

I think that close eaxmination of the various handwriting is a good idea,and should be done,however, I have heard multiple times that an original document is much better for examination as opposed to a copy. Add to that, some that are scanned, copies of copie can be brought up and enhanceds,etc,and then put on an internet site,then it may be hard to make firm coclusions,not to mention losing quality when you enhance or enlarge stuff. Now I HAVE SEEN in the past,specifically with the Hautz envelope thanks to Bentley,how things like postmarks,dates,etc

Agreed of course. Alas, we have what we have. In some examples it's not really all that important, comparing the Red Phantom letter to basically anything for one, but in others, such as my C example above, it is. BTW, there may be a better quality example of that envelope, I just picked the first one I saw floating around.

I'm counting on Trav to pick the best quality images when he puts his Zoomify files together. Anyone who is interested in comparing Z letters, whether it be for printing, spelling or text ought to try it, it's the bees knees.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac?? - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:48 am

bentley wrote:
morf13 wrote:

Agreed of course. Alas, we have what we have. In some examples it's not really all that important, comparing the Red Phantom letter to basically anything for one, but in others, such as my C example above, it is. BTW, there may be a better quality example of that envelope, I just picked the first one I saw floating around.

I'm counting on Trav to pick the best quality images when he puts his Zoomify files together. Anyone who is interested in comparing Z letters, whether it be for printing, spelling or text ought to try it, it's the bees knees.

The best quality images are over at Tom's site in the HI-DEF letters section. They are the clearest
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac?? - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 4:12 pm

Here is that link to the High Def Bus-Bomb letter @ Zodiackiller.com:

http://zodiackiller.com/BBL1HR.html

Good letter for comparison bentley. Lot of c's. The high-defs are a lot better looking. Not all are there, but a big portion is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??   Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac?? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pines Card and Halloween Card, etc. same person NOT Zodiac??
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6