Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Possible Z Victims in other states.

Go down 
+6
rand
bayarea60s
yarbchris
Nin
AK Wilks
morf13
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:54 am

Possibly Zodiac-like??

http://www.murders.betterwholeness.com/flat-tire-murders.html

A member on websleuths posted the following:

I had stumbled across this baffling mystery while researching the Lyon Sisters case, and soon found out that they could be related. Both cases are so sad, and very frightening. I really hope that this will one day be solved.

I also did some research on an unsolved serial killer case that took place in Florida during the summer months of 1975. 14 young women were found sexually mutilated. Some of them were last seen at shopping malls where their cars had been deliberately sabotaged with flat tires, or missing engine parts. Police theorized that when the victims' cars would not start, the killer approached them with the guise of helping them. After no avail, he would have offered them a ride. Police told shoppers during that time to be aware if their vehicle had flat tires, or wouldn't start, and to scream if a person approached them offering help.

Police theorized that there were similar murders in the western states that are linked to the killer, the same states where Ted Bundy committed his crimes. In August 1975, Ted Bundy was arrested for the first time, but I have found no info if he was in Florida before then. It was also never determined if some of the bodies in the western states were confused with Bundy's victims.

They also believed the killer traveled across the country, and was never in one particular area for a long period of time. It could very well be that this case could be related to the missing Texas trio. Perhaps, the killer upped the ante by sabotaging vehicles and disposing the bodies faster, and with less hassle. I am not sure if the other women killed in the western states were from other regions of the U.S. when found. In 1979, two of the Florida female victims (both found December 23, 1975) had not been identified. To date, one of those females is listed on The Doe Network: http://doenetwork.org/cases/295uffl.html

The other female is not listed, and perhaps has been identified since that time.

1 other female (thought to have been a January '75 victim of this serial killer), her case was solved when her killer was found, and her case then had no relation to this one. I also have not found any more info in these unsolved Florida murders after 1979. It has remained a very silent investigation since. The earliest victim was found in February 1975, and the last in January 1976 (ruling out Bundy). I have included some links to the case:

"On August 29, 1975, Dade County's assistant medical examiner announced his belief that one man was responsible for five recent murders of South Florida women. Homicide detectives were convinced of a connection in the July slayings of Ronnie Gorlin, 27, and Elyse Napp, 21, while the medical examiner's report named three other victims. Barbara Stephens, 23, had been abducted from a South Dade shopping mall and stabbed to death in February, while a pair of 14-year-old high school classmates, Barbara Schreiber and Belinda Zeterower, had been killed at Hollywood in June. At this point, Sgt. Erwin Carlstedt of Sonoma County, California, chimed in with his theory of a single killer, moving coast-to-coast with more than 30 unsolved homicides behind him. Florida investigators had no public comment on the theory, concentrating on their search for an elusive killer who deflates his victims' tires in parking lots, then charms them with an offer of assistance. At this writing, the Florida cases remain unsolved."

Source: http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller...A_unsolved.php

"The 8 Murders: Along the Canals of Dade and Broward Counties, The Deadly Puzzle Began" - The Evening Independent; Aug 6, 1975
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...l+killer&hl=en

"Police Say Killer is 'Jack the Ripper' Type" - Sarasota Herald-Tribune; August 28, 1975
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...r+killer&hl=en

"Police Seek Link Between Miami, Western Slayings" - Tri City Herald; August 29, 1975
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...r+killer&hl=en

"Ripper Analyzed by Sex Offenders" - The Miami News; September 1975
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...a+killer&hl=en

"Who Killed Our Girls? Families Ask in Agony" - The Miami News; February 3, 1976
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...e+gorlin&hl=en

Last edited by morf13 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
Nachtsider

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:18 pm

Sexual mutilation? Nah.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:03 am

My opinion is that Z was very much like Jack the Ripper, and killed fairly locally, or within his "geographic comfort zone."
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:09 am

rand wrote:
what's with the Z in the upper right of the letter? I'm wondering why no one has commented on that. I think the handwriting on the H Anon letter looks very Z-like. But maybe it's just me. It's also interesting to me that the H Anon letter author uses U for You. This is consistent with my solution(?) the 340: Z uses abbreviations for words like bc for because and U for you because he only has roughly 34 characters to work with for 2 sentences -- it's the constraint. I'll have to post my "solution" soon.

Just re-reviewing this stuff. Good point RAND, I totally missed the Z standing out on this.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Found this case, actually, re-found it. Not saying it is really a Z case, but the threats and writing remind me of Z, and the Bates letters/threats. Anyone ever looked into this case???

With threats to kill people if the letter is not published in the paper, and the statement, "I will kill again",, and threats to blow someone up, all pretty interesting.
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 April110
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 April210
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 April310

More on the case-
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009/april/tinsley_040309

http://legalpublication.blogspot.com/2009/06/so-is-april-tinsleys-killer-smarter.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 am

The April Tinsley abduction, rape and murder that morf linked to is a case very dear to my heart. Her beautiful innocent face haunts me and because my employers when I worked in the US were based near Fort Wayne Indiana, this feels very personal. It was on April 1st ,Good Friday 1988 that she was taken so the 23rd anniversary has just passed. I hope SO much that this evil taunting pedophile is found, convicted and executed.

I believe April was named after her month of birth, though I'm not sure of that, but I have often wondered if the person who did this knew her, knew her name and thought it would be "fun" to take her in April. There used to be a very good forum that I followed closely (I think it was linked to an A&E website after they did a programme on her). A leading light on that forum came up with some great thoughts and ideas, and I remember that he was inclined to think the guy was a rail-repair worker with a van who had reason to move around the area. Its been a while since I checked it out but will do so again. The forum had a couple of April's family who used to post on it.

Sad, sad case; but then aren't they all.

Regarding the League City TX cut and pasted from magazines letter, I tried once, in the interest of research generally, to see how long/easy/hard it was to find, cut, paste a note of just 20 words or so. It took a substantial amount of time, which surprised me. If an actual word couldn't be found, and THAT took time, it then took much more time to compile the word from two or more magazine/newspaper words. My point is that either you need to be absolutely obsessive with masses of time and patience on your hands to construct such a long letter as this, OR its worth the time and effort because you ARE the perpetrator.

Just thoughts.

Happy Easter everyone.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:50 am

Otrabit, thanks for that info!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:12 pm

Found the 1956 case of PATRICIA KALITZKE & LLOYD DUANE BOGLE. The pair was parked on a lovers lane in Great Falls, MONTANA. A man came along and forced the pair out of the car. They were forced to lie face down and their hands were tied behind their back (like Berryessa). The male victim was shot on the scene. The female victim was taken from the scene and shot elsewhere. Police found no signs of rape or robbery as the male had money, and the girl was not sexually assaulted, and was fully clothed.

A little google searching finds some mention of Edward Wayne Edwards being a possible suspect in this case. The case has never been solved.

Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 Lovers10

Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 Lovers11

Finally, the possible Edward Wayne Edwards link to the crime:
http://www.dailyunion.com/main.asp?SectionID=36&SubSectionID=110&ArticleID=8128
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:26 pm

morf13 wrote:
One of the possibilities in the Zodiac case, is that he moved out of state, but continued killing without using his trademark name. I spent a long period of time searching for cases in other states after the last confirmed Zodiac letter of 1974, that had MO similar to Zodiac. Mo such as lovers lane killings, anonymous letters to newspapers, police, and victims families. Victims being tied up and stabbed, attacked near college campuses, crimes with no motive of sex & robbery, etc.

I found only a few "clusters" of crimes matching this MO. These were in only two states,Pennsylvania & Texas.

The Pennsylvania cases were of Lindy Sue Biechler, Dana Bailey, and Alicia Markovich.

The Texas cases were of Andy Atkinson & Cheryl Henry in Houston, and Laura Lynn Miller in League City.

I am reluctant to place these in the POSSIBLE ZODIAC VICTIMS category, simply because I have no proof connecting them to Zodiac. But I see some serious similarities in the cases to Zodiac. I am starting threads on these cases in the NON-ZODIAC Case victims section until it can be proven there may be a connection. Some of you have seen these posted on other forums. If you have not, I URGE YOU to go over to the thread and take a look. For now, here is a sneak peak at some of the material from the cases:

LINDY SUE BIECHLER - Killed in 1975 in PA. She was stabbed repeatedly after being stalked. On the one year anniversary of her murder, her gravestone was vandalyzed. Soon after, police received the following letter from someone claiming to be her killer. The writer asked for the letter to be published in the paper.
on Jan. 5, 1977, a letter marked "Urgent" arrived at the Manor Township Police Department
Addressed to Chief Donald Sheeler, the two-page letter is written as if it was penned by the man who brutally stabbed Lindy and later vandalized her tombstone.
Sometimes taunting, sometimes pleading, the writer gives a description of himself and tells police he might confess if they publish his letter in a local newspaper
At the time, police decided not to release the letter because they had narrowed their focus on several suspects who seemed unlikely to write such a document. Investigators thought the letter probably was a hoax.
But a new task force of law enforcement officials reviving Lindy's murder investigation has decided that the letter may be somehow connected to the killing and has decided to make the cryptic document public for the first time this week, on the 25th anniversary of her death.
Written in a stream-of-consciousness tone, filled with misspellings and odd capitalizations, the letter begins with a taunt to Chief Sheeler: "Just Eats up your heart knowing you havn't caught me yet."
In looping, loose handwriting, the writer then describes how he vandalized Lindy's tombstone in the same way that he stabbed her, saying, "The scratch and nick marks represent the knife stabs. Count them."
The letter-writer makes reference to another murder that happened at the time in Mountville, telling police there is no connection. Indeed, police later arrested someone else for the crime and do not think the man was connected to Lindy's killing.
The writer then continues to mock Sheeler, calling him "Chief Pig."

HERE IS THE TEXT OF THE LETTER:
hi sheeler

Just Eats up your heart knowing you havn't caught me yet, still around, Lindy's marker on her grave just turned me on like she did, and the way she looked all bloody, like the paint on her Marker, the scratch and nick marks represent the knife stabes.

Count them.

you wondered if the guy at the gas station in Mountville were related to Biechlers murder. forget it man, no way.

I'll tell you what Chief Pig, you print this Letter in the paper along with a Picture in Friday nights Lancaster Paper and saturday mornings paper, and I might confesss When I get off my trip. You see the world owes me a living, maybe I give you a few hints who I am.

got busted once for Drugs a few years back

Live in West end of Lancaster Suburbs

I am 5'10" tall 205 LBS fat and Beautiful

and capable of killing again without knowing it

Dec. 5, 1975 was under the stupor of amfetamines Like right know.

Well educated man in the Community, single, good job but god please chief help me I am loosing my mind help me before I kill again, the headaches kill me Every time it aches, the Drugs only Calm it temporarily.

Will god forgive me ---------

Please print this Chief in the paper so I know you got it.

then I write you again, god I need a priest what have I done.

Help me please

P.S. chief sheeler

my friend has confess to the killing of Lindy Sue biechler, as god is my withness Do as he asks, print this letter on the front page, I am not aware of his intentions right now but contemplating murder is not his intentions, he is mentally sick. When the letter appears, then he will turn himself in, he described the relationship he and Lindy had before he killed her. He only realizes it now when your on Drugs your not responsible for your actions. Please he is asleep now. That's why I finished the letter. All I can tell you my friend frequents manor shopping center in the Evenings and the fields around it. Mostly weeknights. He will contact you very soon and oh when he Does please bring a Catholic priest to the police station.

Janice Crum

The letter is filled with many clues that sound alot like Zodiac. In addition, the letter signs off with the name JANICE CRUM. Police looked all over for a person named Janice Crum, and did not find one. (this was very much like the Bates Patricia Hautz letter). I found a woman named Janice Crum.....living minutes from the Paul Stine murder scene. Did Z know her in San Fran, and use her name in his later PA crime?

Andy Atkinson & Cheryl Henry killed in Houston in 1990. They were parked on a lovers lane at night. They were surprised by their attacker. He forced them both out of the car, and led them to a field. He tied them both up. Once they were tied, he slashed their throats. This seems alot like the Berryessa attack and its possible that the killer used a gun to control them, and a knife to kill them, just like Zodiac. But here is where it gets interesting. An anonymous taunting letter was sent to Houston PD. The writer wanted them to respond in the HOUSTON CHRONICLE. Here is the letter:

Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 Note10
Note the odd spacing after the C in Chronicle....just like Zodiac did! Here is a writing comparison I did between Zodiac's confirmed writing and this anonymous letter writer in Houston, look at the similarities:
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 Final_10

Laura Lynn Miller was murdered in League City, not far from Houston in 1984 (as were several other young victims in the mid 80's). No sign of rape. She was shot in the head. Some time later, her father received an anonymous letter from someone claiming to be her killer (like Cheri Jo Bates' father). The letter was a "paste-up" style letter, a project so to speak, like some of the Zodiac "projects" over the years. Take a look a tthe images of the letter (two sided letter) and look at the names, words, and symbols. Do they remind you of Zodiac?
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 League10
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 League11
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 League12
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 League13

Once again, I will be posting alot more about these crimes, and other similar crimes, over in the NON-ZODIAC section if you are interested. If you like me have an open mind, and think Zodiac may have moved from CA, and continued his crimes elsewhere after dropping his Zodiac name, you may want to learn more about these cases. I hope you will check the posts out and chime in.

Thanks and I agree you are on the right track. Imo, add Betsy Aardsma to your Pennsylvania group.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 2:56 pm

morf13 wrote:
One of the possibilities in the Zodiac case, is that he moved out of state, but continued killing without using his trademark name. I spent a long period of time searching for cases in other states after the last confirmed Zodiac letter of 1974, that had MO similar to Zodiac. Mo such as lovers lane killings, anonymous letters to newspapers, police, and victims families. Victims being tied up and stabbed, attacked near college campuses, crimes with no motive of sex & robbery, etc.

I found only a few "clusters" of crimes matching this MO. These were in only two states,Pennsylvania & Texas.

The Pennsylvania cases were of Lindy Sue Biechler, Dana Bailey, and Alicia Markovich.

The Texas cases were of Andy Atkinson & Cheryl Henry in Houston, and Laura Lynn Miller in League City.

I am reluctant to place these in the POSSIBLE ZODIAC VICTIMS category, simply because I have no proof connecting them to Zodiac. But I see some serious similarities in the cases to Zodiac. I am starting threads on these cases in the NON-ZODIAC Case victims section until it can be proven there may be a connection. Some of you have seen these posted on other forums. If you have not, I URGE YOU to go over to the thread and take a look. For now, here is a sneak peak at some of the material from the cases:

LINDY SUE BIECHLER - Killed in 1975 in PA. She was stabbed repeatedly after being stalked. On the one year anniversary of her murder, her gravestone was vandalyzed. Soon after, police received the following letter from someone claiming to be her killer. The writer asked for the letter to be published in the paper.
on Jan. 5, 1977, a letter marked "Urgent" arrived at the Manor Township Police Department
Addressed to Chief Donald Sheeler, the two-page letter is written as if it was penned by the man who brutally stabbed Lindy and later vandalized her tombstone.
Sometimes taunting, sometimes pleading, the writer gives a description of himself and tells police he might confess if they publish his letter in a local newspaper
At the time, police decided not to release the letter because they had narrowed their focus on several suspects who seemed unlikely to write such a document. Investigators thought the letter probably was a hoax.
But a new task force of law enforcement officials reviving Lindy's murder investigation has decided that the letter may be somehow connected to the killing and has decided to make the cryptic document public for the first time this week, on the 25th anniversary of her death.
Written in a stream-of-consciousness tone, filled with misspellings and odd capitalizations, the letter begins with a taunt to Chief Sheeler: "Just Eats up your heart knowing you havn't caught me yet."
In looping, loose handwriting, the writer then describes how he vandalized Lindy's tombstone in the same way that he stabbed her, saying, "The scratch and nick marks represent the knife stabs. Count them."
The letter-writer makes reference to another murder that happened at the time in Mountville, telling police there is no connection. Indeed, police later arrested someone else for the crime and do not think the man was connected to Lindy's killing.
The writer then continues to mock Sheeler, calling him "Chief Pig."

HERE IS THE TEXT OF THE LETTER:
hi sheeler

Just Eats up your heart knowing you havn't caught me yet, still around, Lindy's marker on her grave just turned me on like she did, and the way she looked all bloody, like the paint on her Marker, the scratch and nick marks represent the knife stabes.

Count them.

you wondered if the guy at the gas station in Mountville were related to Biechlers murder. forget it man, no way.

I'll tell you what Chief Pig, you print this Letter in the paper along with a Picture in Friday nights Lancaster Paper and saturday mornings paper, and I might confesss When I get off my trip. You see the world owes me a living, maybe I give you a few hints who I am.

got busted once for Drugs a few years back

Live in West end of Lancaster Suburbs

I am 5'10" tall 205 LBS fat and Beautiful

and capable of killing again without knowing it

Dec. 5, 1975 was under the stupor of amfetamines Like right know.

Well educated man in the Community, single, good job but god please chief help me I am loosing my mind help me before I kill again, the headaches kill me Every time it aches, the Drugs only Calm it temporarily.

Will god forgive me ---------

Please print this Chief in the paper so I know you got it.

then I write you again, god I need a priest what have I done.

Help me please

P.S. chief sheeler

my friend has confess to the killing of Lindy Sue biechler, as god is my withness Do as he asks, print this letter on the front page, I am not aware of his intentions right now but contemplating murder is not his intentions, he is mentally sick. When the letter appears, then he will turn himself in, he described the relationship he and Lindy had before he killed her. He only realizes it now when your on Drugs your not responsible for your actions. Please he is asleep now. That's why I finished the letter. All I can tell you my friend frequents manor shopping center in the Evenings and the fields around it. Mostly weeknights. He will contact you very soon and oh when he Does please bring a Catholic priest to the police station.

Janice Crum

The letter is filled with many clues that sound alot like Zodiac. In addition, the letter signs off with the name JANICE CRUM. Police looked all over for a person named Janice Crum, and did not find one. (this was very much like the Bates Patricia Hautz letter). I found a woman named Janice Crum.....living minutes from the Paul Stine murder scene. Did Z know her in San Fran, and use her name in his later PA crime?

Andy Atkinson & Cheryl Henry killed in Houston in 1990. They were parked on a lovers lane at night. They were surprised by their attacker. He forced them both out of the car, and led them to a field. He tied them both up. Once they were tied, he slashed their throats. This seems alot like the Berryessa attack and its possible that the killer used a gun to control them, and a knife to kill them, just like Zodiac. But here is where it gets interesting. An anonymous taunting letter was sent to Houston PD. The writer wanted them to respond in the HOUSTON CHRONICLE. Here is the letter:

Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 Note10
Note the odd spacing after the C in Chronicle....just like Zodiac did! Here is a writing comparison I did between Zodiac's confirmed writing and this anonymous letter writer in Houston, look at the similarities:
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 Final_10

Laura Lynn Miller was murdered in League City, not far from Houston in 1984 (as were several other young victims in the mid 80's). No sign of rape. She was shot in the head. Some time later, her father received an anonymous letter from someone claiming to be her killer (like Cheri Jo Bates' father). The letter was a "paste-up" style letter, a project so to speak, like some of the Zodiac "projects" over the years. Take a look a tthe images of the letter (two sided letter) and look at the names, words, and symbols. Do they remind you of Zodiac?
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 League10
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 League11
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 League12
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 League13

Once again, I will be posting alot more about these crimes, and other similar crimes, over in the NON-ZODIAC section if you are interested. If you like me have an open mind, and think Zodiac may have moved from CA, and continued his crimes elsewhere after dropping his Zodiac name, you may want to learn more about these cases. I hope you will check the posts out and chime in.

In October, 2009, on Zkfacts, i first brought the materials to light that Zodiac MAY HAVE moved onto the Houston, TX area:
http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=141&view=print

One year after that, some of the gang over at Kauffman's clubhouse are using that same material, to say there is INDEED a possible Z connection, and of course, we know who the prime suspect is:
http://denniskaufman.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=4912105

I HAVE NO ASSOCIATION WITH ANY WORK GOING ON OVER AT DK'S FORUM! Let me just put that out there. A member here used the term SUPERFUDGE today in a thread, which immediately got my attention, since it was a word included in one of those Houston letters.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:36 pm

I am clearing out some old stuff and came across this stuff I had, and wanted some fresh opinions on it:

Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 Hpd10
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 Hpd210

You can see in the blown up side by side comparison that I made, there are some great similarities to Zodiac like the candy cane 'F', the number 2, and the & symbol. (I think Foreigner made some side by side deomonstrations of Zodiac's symbols for the word 'AND'. What really stands out to me is the word 'chronicle'. Both Zodiac, and the letter writer write the word chronicle like C HRONIC LE.(odd spacing after the letter c). To me, I think this is more than coincidence, and think it could be a Z copycat or Z himself, I just cant see 2 people making the odd spacings like that . I have always thought it was possible Z moved from Vallejo out of state. There are some key differences I see between this writer and Zodiac, most of which is the letter 'K'. Any thoughts or opinions?

I know that a suspect in the Donna Lass case moved to the Houston area and lived there until he died. Not sure of any others people that lived in Vallejo and then in the Houston area. I have previously noted that both the Houston/Galveston areas and Vallejo areas are bay towns, and oil refining towns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:42 pm

That looks very similar to me.
Can you give some background to this letter
or is it somewhere on the board or this post?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:47 pm

caresut wrote:
That looks very similar to me.
Can you give some background to this letter
or is it somewhere on the board or this post?

Its further back in this section and also here:
http://helpcherylandandy.com/id8.html

On August 23, 1990, Chery Henry & Andy Atkinson were parked in a lovers lane area at night. A person(s)approached and ordered them out of the car. The killer(S) forced them into the nearby woods and tied them to separate trees. He stabbed them both to death(slashing as well). A very similar MO to Zodiac, but the fact she was raped does not sound like Zodiac. What is of interest, was how did one person with a knife force 2 people out and into the woods? I think it is more likely that they either used a gun to get them under control(like Z at Berryessa), or there was more than one perp. Sometime later, DNA from the scene matched an earlier rape case. In that case the suspect had survived and given a sketch of her attacker (a man too young to have been Zodiac). I have read that there were several errors and mishandling of the eveidence in the DNA lab and they got alot of heat over it. Some thought the DNA may have been mixed up at some point. I dont know about that, but the MO(other than rape)sounds like Z. Then the mysterious letter came in the case. I immediately saw that candy cane f, and other similarities. Z may have not killed the couple but certainly could have wrote letters to take credit for it.

If you go further back in this thread, you will see the nearby League City murders, specifically in the case of Laura Lynn Miller. Her Father (like Cheri Jo Bates's father) received an anonymous letter from somebody claiming to be her killer. It was quite similar in design to that of the Lass cards, and even used some Zodiac like language and terms, even saying "the police will never catch me", and a Zodiac-like symbol.

The following thread is of interest because a guy that was a possible suspect in the Lass case wound up living in the Houston/League City area:
https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t814-interesting-lass-zodiac-suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:06 am

Thanks Morf.
The Houston thing is kinda interesting. Houston is the corporate headquarters
to a lot of big oilfield companies. I bet some people from the Vallejo area
ended up in Houston. Maybe did field work in California for a few years and
then was promoted to corporate or took a desk job in Houston?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:47 am

caresut wrote:
Thanks Morf.
The Houston thing is kinda interesting. Houston is the corporate headquarters
to a lot of big oilfield companies. I bet some people from the Vallejo area
ended up in Houston. Maybe did field work in California for a few years and
then was promoted to corporate or took a desk job in Houston?

Yeah I looked into that angle. Someplace here, there is a thread about Z being in the oil industry. With in a stine's throw of teh Domingoes/Edwards crime scene is yet another oil refinery(less than a mile),plus there were some offshore oil rigs around there too.

EDIT: Here are the links(somehow there are multiple threads)-

https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t613-possible-humble-oil-connection-to-domingos-edwards

https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t121-zodiac-connected-to-oil-refineries

https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t242-humble-oil-connection-to-lhr
Back to top Go down
TimeCop
Police Officer
TimeCop

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:42 am

Great stuff Morf13. I am sure this is El Diablos work. I will share what I have with LE from what I found here. which connects to the 666 map.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:53 am

study Yes, Time Cop; I am sure as well. He speaks to you right of the pages.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:10 am

TIMECOP/SEAGULL

Look at the first post here, Morf has done some good work on the Miller murder and letter in Texas.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:47 am

AK Wilks wrote:
TIMECOP/SEAGULL

Look at the first post here, Morf has done some good work on the Miller murder and letter in Texas.

AK, why did you mention that? Did you hear something about this case?
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:56 am

morf13 wrote:
AK Wilks wrote:
TIMECOP/SEAGULL

AK, why did you mention that? Did you hear something about this case?

No.

For the past few days Timecop has been looking for this letter, he couldn't remember where it was or what it was, just that it had '4 could be 5 or 6' on it.

Seagull figured out it was this letter, and I found it. So we were just trying to help out Timecop, he wanted to find this, he thinks it may fit in with a POI he is looking at.

This was some good work you did on this stuff.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:16 am

THIS POST IS ACTUALLY FROM QUICKTRADER,MOVED FROM ANOTHER THREAD-

Quicktrader wrote:
Some of us might know the League City (TX) letters..

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/forum/download/file.php?id=95&mode=view

The front side says 'Corvette Concepts' and now I do know why: Beth Wilburn was co-owner of a store named 'Corvette Concepts' and had been killed on Nov. 2, 1983 in Webster, League City (TX). Two other men were killed at the scene, too.

Beth Wilburn was rage-stabbed which is quite similar to some of Z's MO. In his letter, the writer uses the words 'Boo' as well as 'Phantom' and even mentions that he changes his MO. Handwriting is in some parts similar, in some parts completely different (by purpose?).

In his letter, the writer refers to a 'nightmarefield of death' which may be assumed to be the 'killing field of League, TX' at Calder Road. Also, the writer refers to hundreds of homicides along the I-45.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-32844.html

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/forum/download/file.php?id=95&mode=view
(backside of the letter high res to find where?)

QT
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:20 am

You forgot to add that he calls himself 'PHANTOM'

Because this M.O. is very much like Zodiac's, and because the letter sent to Tim Miller is constructed like the Lass mailing in which you can view it from either end up, this could be the work of z. Add to the fact that George Victor Jonasson, a possible suspect in the Lass case was living in and around the League City/Houston area, then it becomes more interesting

Not to mention, this writer uses both a 2 stroke & 3 stroke K, and the lower case letter j in the word 'projects', is pretty similar to Zodiac's as well.
Back to top Go down
Quicktrader
Chief
Quicktrader

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:49 pm

morf13 wrote:
Found this case, actually, re-found it. Not saying it is really a Z case, but the threats and writing remind me of Z, and the Bates letters/threats. Anyone ever looked into this case???

With threats to kill people if the letter is not published in the paper, and the statement, "I will kill again",, and threats to blow someone up, all pretty interesting.
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 April110
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 April210
Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 April310

More on the case-
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009/april/tinsley_040309

http://legalpublication.blogspot.com/2009/06/so-is-april-tinsleys-killer-smarter.html

more info about April Tinsley:
http://www.truckersagainstpedophiles.net/indiana.html
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Another nut demanding to be published, not alot of z look to this writing,of course the writer does use the hooked F /candy cane style like Z
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Z Victims in other states.   Possible Z  Victims in other states. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Z Victims in other states.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2