Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?

Go down 
+7
Nin
tahoe27
morf13
sandy betts
tracers
Zamantha
AK Wilks
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Forgive me if this was already mentioned before, but Graysmith wrote in his book about a guy named RON PIMENTAL of Oakland's ROPER DETECTIVE AGENCY. He is mentioned on page 212. Any relation to George?
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:59 pm

morf13 wrote:
Forgive me if this was already mentioned before, but Graysmith wrote in his book about a guy named RON PIMENTAL of Oakland's ROPER DETECTIVE AGENCY. He is mentioned on page 212. Any relation to George?

Morf, different last name. In Graysmiths Book it was spelt with an E. Ron Pimentel...... not al............. close ...........almost Zynchronicity for sure. Honestly would like to know a little more on that Ron PimentEL. Anyone know more?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Zamantha wrote:
morf13 wrote:

Morf, different last name. In Graysmiths Book it was spelt with an E. Ron Pimentel...... not al............. close ...........almost Zynchronicity for sure. Honestly would like to know a little more on that Ron PimentEL. Anyone know more?

Sorry, the spelling error was mine. In the book his name is spelled PIMENTEL
Back to top Go down
tracers
Chief
tracers

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:01 pm

Didn't Sandy know him?
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:15 pm

tracers wrote:
Didn't Sandy know him?

This is what Sandy previously posted about Ron Pimentel.

My friend Ron Pimentel was born 10-8-34 died on 1-23-94 one week shy of the four yr anniversary of my suspect coming into my work.
Ron died about two yrs after my last conversation with him, he was very healthy the last time we spoke.
I do need to find out how he died
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:02 am

Sometimes, especially in cases of immigrants to Ellis Island, for example, the folks end up being related, but the sames were spelled slightly differently on entrance to the US. I have two different sets of relatives, for example with two variants of my maiden name; there are three variants all together, and we are definitely all related. So, yes, with a spelling that close of an unusual name, it is worth checking into.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:15 am

This was my very first post that started this thread, and you can see the name confusion. The George Pimental who was murdered in Vallejo was not the same one who was the Professor. If they were related, I don't know. If the killer thought they were the same man, or related, I don't know.

And you can see the other murders of academic related persons in North Cal. There does seem to be a possible pattern.

AK Wilks wrote:
Unsolved Murders of Berkeley and North Cal Professors: Possible Connection to EAR/ONS or Zodiac?

A researcher named Morf started this by noting these unsolved murders of professors from the University of California Berkeley, as well as a Stanford faculty member. But we couldn't find any more on this, so I am posting this in hopes others can find more info.

A man named George Pimental was murdered in or near Vallejo, California (scene of several Zodiac murders). Morf then found an article about a Berkeley chemistry professor named George Pimental, who was involved in a program to teach science to high school students. But we have not yet been able to confirm if this was the George Pimental who was murdered. Can anyone help us out?

Zodiac suspect Ted Kaczynski taught at Berkeley, later placed a bomb there and several of his known victims were Berkeley alumni. Kaczynski would NOT have liked a man who was spreading science and technology to a new generation of High School students.

The Vallejo element brings to mind Zodiac as a suspect.

Or perhaps we have a disgruntled former student or professor?

A Berkeley biochemistry professor named David Hackett was also murdered.

A Stanford faculty member Floyd Martin, a lab tech and chemist at the medical school, was murdered in a lovers lane area. Was Martin a lovers lane peeper? A rival to the Zodiac? Or was he set up? Zodiac was known to prowl lovers lanes. And the EAR/ONS targeted couples.

The Visalia Ransacker, thought by some police to later become the EAR/ONS, was suspected in the murder of Redwoods journalism professor Claude Snelling, which happened during the home invasion and attempted abduction of his daughter. Both Zodiac and EAR/ONS had an adversary relationship with the media.

Cimm has posted on the very EAR/ONS like murder of Martha Menzel, and living in her house at the time was a Berkeley psychiatrist. The EAR/ONS killed a psychiatrist, and Kaczynski expressed the desire to do just that. I don't know if he was a former or current U Cal Berkeley Prof or student. Could he have been the target or co-target?

If anyone can find more info on any of these incidents, please post it here.

Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 Profes10

Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 Profes11Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 Profes12

Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 Profes13
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:36 pm

The feel I'm getting on George Pimental he was a local Vallejeon, well liked n known. Don't feel he was mistaken for a professor in Berkeley. I think the academic angle you are looking
at Ak, is interesting....but maybe we could have a thread just for that angle. It gets confusing when we go back n forth. I plan on doing more research on This George
Pimental from Vallejo.

A previous post I made said:
I asked my 2 contacts so far, and they are not aware of any connection.
The name Pimental is a Portuguese name, an it appears there are quite a few
living in No. CA.

There are some Pimentals still or around Vallejo.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:41 pm

OK. Yeah, I basically gave up on the academic angle, because I couldn't find anything further on it. We can just leave this thread to concentrate on the murder of George Pimental of Vallejo, which I think has proven to be the most interesting, most Z like and you were able to get more info on it.

Now, if we can just see the letter that was sent in on the Pimental Vallejo murder. Any sources for that? If not, maybe I can do a FOIA on it.
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 1:51 am

AK Wilks wrote:
OK. Yeah, I basically gave up on the academic angle, because I couldn't find anything further on it. We can just leave this thread to concentrate on the murder of George Pimental of Vallejo, which I think has proven to be the most interesting, most Z like and you were able to get more info on it.

Now, if we can just see the letter that was sent in on the Pimental Vallejo murder. Any sources for that? If not, maybe I can do a FOIA on it.

Yes, Can you try to get the letter via FOIA that was sent in on the Pimental Case, Please! I for one would really like to see it!

The related part: In the first article posted.
They also believe that case could be resolved by solving a seemingly unrelated crime, such as the mutilation killing of George Pimental of Vallejo, 1971.
In that case, a now retired detective received a cryptic note after the killing. That case was not listed as a Zodiac killing, but the police will not say why?

Back to top Go down
tracers
Chief
tracers

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 2:35 am

Well, the police concluded the murder was the work of "a sadistic sexual deviate" and the Zodiac was not known for such killings, so that may be what led LE to name the murder a non-zodiac crime. Would love to see that letter though.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 6:50 am

I also want to see the letter.....okay ZAM, get to work... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:36 am

Zam or anyone with Vallejo PD contacts, try asking for a copy of the letter.

Aside from that, I will do a FOIA request next week for it.
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:51 am

From Hell's Angels, the Life and Times of Sonny Barger. Relative of George?

Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 114
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:43 am

Here is census info for George Pimental who was born in CA.

1930 United States Federal Census about George Pimental
Name: George Pimental
Birth Year: abt 1905
Birthplace: California
Race: White
Home in 1930: Vallejo, Solano, California
View Map
Marital Status: Single
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's Name: William Pimental
Father's Birthplace: California
Mother's Name: Rose G Pimental
Mother's Birthplace: Portugal

Education:

Military Service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace:

View image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
William Pimental 62
Rose G Pimental 62
William Pimental 29
Anthony Pimental 27
George Pimental 25

Here's a 1900 census for William Pimental, George's brother. It says the father, WS, was born in California, so the family had been in Solano County for an awfully long time.

1900 United States Federal Census about William Pimental
Name: William Pimental
Birth Date: Jan 1900
Birthplace: California
Home in 1900: Benecia, Solano, California
[Solano]
Race: White
Relation to Head of House: Son
Marital Status: Single
Father's Name: W S Pemental
Father's Birthplace: California
Mother's Name: Rose G Pemental
Mother's Birthplace: California
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
W S Pemental 32
Rose G Pemental 32
Frederick Pemental 5
Frank Pemental 4
Edward Pimental 2
William Pimental 4/12

These are records on "Gus" Pimental who was born in Massachusetts. I'd say they probably were not close relatives.

California Death Index, 1940-1997 about August Pimental
Name: August Pimental
Sex: Male
Birth Date: 11 May 1938
Birthplace: Massachusetts
Death Date: 19 Apr 1973
Death Place: Alameda

California Divorce Index, 1966-1984 about August W Pimental
Name: August W Pimental
Spouse Name: Carole R Mcdaniel
Date: Mar 1973

Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 Augustpimental1
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Wow, quite a story. Thanks Seagull.

Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:56 pm

Yes--interesting Seagull...and bentley! Makes you wonder if there were Hell's Angels connections.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?   Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Unsolved Murder in Vallejo of George Pimental: Possible Connection to North Cal Murders and/or Zodiac?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4