Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac Empty
PostSubject: Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac   Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:12 am

This incident has been talked about before on some of the older forums and it was determined the man in question was not Zodiac. He couldn't have been unless he could write letters from the grave. I know Morf has expressed an interest in reading the story though, as I recall him asking about it in another thread. Of course with our crack search function on this forum I could not find the thread where Morf asked.

Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac Sfchron112269berserkman
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac   Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:05 am

I was reading about that earlier. Same story different article though. Shorter one and no pictures.

EDIT was on Google news though not here in case you were thinking I'd found the relevant thread.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac   Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 am

Thanks Seagull!

So, at this time, as soon as November of 1969, they dismissed this man based on fingerprints.

PLEASE tell me they had other things to go by.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac   Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:33 am

Well, it is fairly certain that this guy wasn't Zodiac because of all the letters that were written after his death. If you are questioning that LE depended solely upon the fingerprints to eliminate other suspects as well, then I would agree. Yikes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac   Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:14 am

Seagull wrote:
Well, it is fairly certain that this guy wasn't Zodiac because of all the letters that were written after his death. If you are questioning that LE depended solely upon the fingerprints to eliminate other suspects as well, then I would agree. Yikes!

Yes. The second part. Smile
Back to top Go down
Luke68
Lieuntenant
Luke68

PostSubject: Re: Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac   Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:07 am

Wow, risky moving trying to shoot someone standing behind a hostage with a handgun.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac   Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:47 am

I recall a mention of this someplace in the FBI reports. I think for the reasons stated, he likely wasnt Zodiac, as well as the fact after his death, Z letters still came in. Plus he was born in Arkansas, and may have had a southern accent. You would think Z would react strongly to this and mail a letter instantly after the killing of this man, but he didnt,maybe he was still in hiding after being seen by police the night of the Stine murder.

Make me think of something else, little off topic, but I bet that he was so paranoid after the night of Stine's murder, and expected to be caught, that he chucked any and all evidence to his previous crimes, and the guns in a lake or river someplace. Anyone else think this may be the case?
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac   Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:39 pm

morf13 wrote:
Make me think of something else, little off topic, but I bet that he was so paranoid after the night of Stine's murder, and expected to be caught, that he chucked any and all evidence to his previous crimes, and the guns in a lake or river someplace. Anyone else think this may be the case?

I know many have thought along those lines, but that night, Zodiac could have easily walked away and no one would have ever known of his involvement.

I don't think Zodiac was worried at all...his ego took care of that. imo
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac   Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:18 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
morf13 wrote:

I know many have thought along those lines, but that night, Zodiac could have easily walked away and no one would have ever known of his involvement.

I don't think Zodiac was worried at all...his ego took care of that. imo

I have to disagree. I think he got downright scared,and thus concocted the fake print & fake disguise story to make the cops think they had nothing.

Most prints today are centralized in databases,and one search can access many different databases for matches. Back then, police had to look at prints side by side. This was one of the problems I ran into before when looking at a POI who had been arrested for a DWI. The cop told me thathis prints could have been sitting in a file drawer in an old report,and never got any further along then that,and in all likelihood,were destroyed or thrown out after so long. Back then, they only kept arrest records,etc for a certain time period especially if not a serious crime. Maybe Z didnt know that.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac   Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:25 pm

If he was scared, I don't think he would have brought himself into the mix with his first letter written so soon after the crime.

LE wouldn't have compared anything to the Zodiac cases. Zodiac wouldn't have been a thought in LE minds. If Zodiac f-ed up, I say no way would he have involved himself.

A print? At the very most they might get him for killing a cab driver--even cop killers only got 8 years. Now they have him as the Zodiac Killer too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac   Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac Empty

Back to top Go down

Berserk Man Says He's Zodiac
Page 1 of 1