Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ? Empty
PostSubject: Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ?   Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 3:07 pm

I recently watched a movie that made me think....."Is this code more basic than we thought?

PLEASE WATCH THE MOVIE CLIP BELOW.

I have read time and time again where people take the radian stuff and show how it points to murder sites. Ok, maybe it does, but where is the revelation in that? We already know about these murders and where they occured.

Zodiac was saying it was where his bomb was buried. Heck, maybe it was where the key to the 340 was buried, maybe there was nothing there or a note that said "screw you". Bottom line, he was trying to pinpoint a specific spot. Not several of them.

Mt. Diablo was used for surveying....mapping longitude and latitude.

Zodiac states in a clue "# of inches along radians"....which shown here translates to degrees, which is part of how longitude and latitude is measured. Got a GPS?

Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ? 600px-Degree-Radian_Conversion_svg

And Zodiac uses the term "code"...which would more reflect numbers, IMO.

Now watch this movie clip from "12 Rounds"....an OK movie, but this jumped out at me right away as some have mentioned pinpoint Zodiac drew on the map as more watch-like.

Click on the picture the video will start:

Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ? Th_july14016

Funny--the guy at the end says "basic 8th grade geometry". One guy says "we have degrees and we have clocks" and the other guy says "they aren't real clocks though...just hours (or no hours?)" ...which translates to longitude and latitude.

Of course without first solving the code, it's anyones guess. Just curious how this might work--how this guy in the movie is doing it, in relation to how Zodiac may have done it.

Last edited by tahoe27 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ?   Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 5:55 pm

The top line is 17 characters. The two lines weren't made equal.

Latitude & Longitude coordinates are 17 numbers. At least in the Bay Area and all in the Bay Area and So. Cal start with a "3".

For example (one general) location on Mt. Diablo would be:

37.877292 - 121.913052

C=3......the rest.....???

Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ? Diablocodemb-1

Also here:

I noticed this at the bottom and the various way to show longitude and latitude.

Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ? Longitudelatituedmtd-1-1

Never realized it was degrees, minutes and seconds.

Then this. Not a compass...a clock?

Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ? Zodiacmapcompassclock
http://zodiackiller.com/PMHR.html
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ?   Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 7:44 pm

Interesting stuff Tahoe...radians, degrees, etc...all out of my comfort level, bu tI know we have some smart people here that would love to help you decipher these clues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ?   Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 8:06 pm

....exactamente, Tahoe - In fact, I think a lot of things related to Z are more basic than many people think; the "complications" arise from him being mentally ill and/or making mistakes, not from his "genious" (spelled wrong on purpose...Very Happy)...

While I don't think Z was dumb, I don't think he was some type of wunderkind either...

Remember all of the "mystique" surrounding BTK/Dennis Rader, and he turned out to be a fricking dogcatcher who took a couple of courses at the local community college.... yes....exactly.... albino
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ?   Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 9:24 pm

I do wonder why he didn't write out the Diablo code as two 16 character rows instead of one 17 and one 15. The 340 and 408 ciphers also being 17 columns though leads me to think there was some other determining factor, such as the 17 half inch increments in a sheet of 8.5 inch wide paper.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ?   Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:53 pm

I guess to me, it would seem an obvious answer to determing a more specific location. He told us flat out where to locate his "bomb". How else, but with using coordinates? We just needed to figure out what those coordinates were. And Mt. Diablo was THE place for that.

The 17 rows could be a coincidence. Why not use fillers and make the bottom row 17 too, as he did before?

Either way, we KNOW he was telling us where to look...in ONE place and we need the tools to find that spot.

Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ?   Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:38 am

Question: Is there any other way to pinpoint a precise location on a map without using L/L?

We can follow straight lines from radians all day long, but all that will do is point to a city. How else do we get a location in that city? It's not like Zodiac had enough of a code to say, "walk three blocks west to the Ace Hardware, and 4 blocks east to the police station..."

Take all the high-tech math stuff out of the picture. Zodiac's first cipher turned out to be cake. I think this isn't much more than that. I don't think it takes calculus to figure it out.

I would love a cipher/code person to look at this code as numbers, not letters and see what they come up with. Smile

Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ?   Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Hmm, interesting. Zodiac eluded to us being able to get close enough to the location of the bomb to "dig it up", not just the general area. If the code did reveal precise radian angle and fractional inch measurements how defined could the location be? Using the map he provided, a protractor and fine pencil tip you're still not going to get to the street level of say San Francisco. There are major streets shown on the map which could potentially be pinpointed, but of course digging and planting a bomb on those streets without raising suspicion would be hard to do, plus the chance of a truck setting off the bomb instead of a school bus. Or perhaps he was generalizing, such as the bomb is in Vallejo, now go find it.

I don't see how precise latitude and longitude numbers would do any good along with his map, unless you're saying discard the map he told us to use, along with the Diablo marker, radian and inches clues. And I don't know what the 0,3,6,9 are for. To use the inches and radians you would only need to begin at magnetic north, he could have just mentioned that along with a dot for the Diablo marker. Maybe there's a clue in there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ?   Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mt. Diablo CODE - Simply Longitude/Latitude ?
Page 1 of 1