Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Barbara Jane Parkin

Go down 
+10
tahoe27
Quicktrader
AK Wilks
bentley
Azazel
sandy betts
Zamantha
morf13
Roland
Admin
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:03 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
While it's interesting she was from Vallejo, I don't see this (necessarily) as being a Zodiac crime. It seems as every nurse murder is put under Zodiac and I don't know why.

Even 40+ years later, a nurse it murdered and it must be Zodiac!

Zodiac aside, the articles are still important and I appreciate Sandy and Zam finding them for us.

IMO what makes it of possible interest for Zodiac is:

* Time and location - SF Area December 1967, one year after Bates murder and one year before Jensen/Faraday murders

* 9 shots - the overkill and that exactly or closely matches shots fired into Jensen

* The victim grew up in Vallejo, site of Zodiac crimes, and she grew up about one mile away from Z suspect Allen and thus may have crossed paths with him, she lived in Berkeley one mile from Z suspect Kaczynski and thus may have crossed paths with him and she lived one block from Telegraph Ave. site of possible Z car ruse aborted attack.

* She was a nurse, like some other possible Zodiac victims Lass and Hakari

* It appears body was posed on or near a beach, like possible Z attack 6/4/63, and her head was placed on a wood log, of interest for possible Zodiac clues concerning nature, trees and wood, such as wood on Halloween Card, Pines card, Woods card, etc.

* However killing in one place and dropping body at another matches no KNOWN Zodiac crimes, only possible Z crimes like Hakari and maybe Lass.

* No notes, letters, codes, claims of credit. And unfortunately lots of lone woman are killed and remain unsolved. Nothing about the case screams Zodiac.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:08 pm

I think she could be a Z victim,NOT because of the nurse aspect,but rather the beach aspect, the overkill of shots, the motiveless aspect,etc,and the fact she was from Vallejo.
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 2:21 pm

VTH
12/10/67 page 8
Found on Sandy & Zam's research day.
(another article on Barbara Jane Parkin of 224C Grant Street, Berkeley. Daughter of Mr. & Mrs Richard B. Parkin, of 218 Nebraska St. Vallejo, CA.

Where were wounds in her left ear, forehead, left breast, left knee, right thigh,nape of the neck, left buttock and left lower abdomen.

Was a graduate of Vallejo High School. Nursing degree from University of CA School of nursing in San Francisco.

Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 BarbaraParker
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Moved from another thread:

Quicktrader wrote:
Barbara Jane:

- Nurse, graduated from Apache Trail Vallejo High School in 1948, had attended UC of Berkeley (Ted Kaczynski) and UC School of Nursing in San Francisco.
- Lived at 2224C Grant Street in Berkeley.
- Got missing around 12-07-1967.
- Was found at McClure´s Beach at Marin's Point Reyes National seashore.
- Her car - a blue 1958 sedan, parked on the bluff above where her body was found by Bruce H. Gaines, 25, of San Francisco, who had gone to the beach to fish.
- She was hit by eight or nine gun wounds, was fully clothed.
- Her body - of a blonde, blue-eyed - was found crumpled, curled on her left side, in a wild, desolate part of Marin's Point Reyes National Seashore.
- Her head was 'tucked against base of fallen tree.'. Shot with 8 bullets, caliber .32, at least four in her body, three in her head. Deputies said the dead woman lay curled on her side.
- She was fully clothed in blue, denim cutoffs, a long-sleeved yellow sweat shirt, a short wool coat and blue tennis shoes.
- There were wounds in her left ear, forehead, left breast, left knee, right thigh, her back, nape of the neck, left buttock and left groin.
- There were no immediate indications that the murder involved a sex offense.
- Identification was established at the State Bureau of Criminal Identification by deputies who went to Sacremento during the night. Miss Parkin's prints were on file there, as she had applied in 1954 to become a public nurse. Body was identified by fingerprints.

Sheriff Louis Montanos and Deputy Coroner Keith Craig said pending further investigation, they had no clues and no suspects, although one man she was known to have had a phone talk with on 06.12.1967 has been questioned. Her parents Mr. And Mrs. Richard B. Parkin lived at 218 Nebraska St., Vallejo. Papers in her car also contained an application she had filled out for admission to California State College in Hayward to study educational counseling. Barbara Jane Parkin grew up 1.2 miles from Arthur Leigh Allen´s house at 32, Fresno.

Wound in her left ear sounds to be Z-style...wasn´t Stine and some others shot that way as well? Vallejo & Beach connection given as well. Her case also strengthens the presumable Z activity in the area of University Street / Telegraph Avenue:

- Enadine (Edina?) 'Anndie' Molina Martinez + Fermin Rodriquez, mysterious phone calls were reported to Alameda County Sheriff's deputies
- Jane Doe (Case file 333UFCA) was found in St. Louis hotel near Alameda (Taylor Morris Teaford is a suspect in this case)
- Citizen-Badlands-card was sent from Alameda County (Fremont).
- Lynn Ruth Connes was last seen at her residence to meet a man named "Jeff" at a restaurant (Bateau Ivre) in the vicinity of the 2600 block of Telegraph Avenue
- Cheryl Nolan [...] may have had a tryst with her killer Saturday night in one of Berkeley's coffee houses. The lively youngster, Berkeley police said, was known as a habitue of Berkeley's Telegraph Avenue coffee houses and was last seen alive at 11 p.m. Saturday in deep conversation with two sandled, long-haired young men.
- Ronald T. Tsukamolo was shot without reason not too far away from Telegraph Avenue after a traffic control at University Avenue
- Two girls were attacked on Telegraph Avenue in November 1970 by a man who manipulated their coil wire while they were eating (like in the CJB case, was a VW - Ted Bundy?)
- Patty Hearst was kidnapped at 2603 Benvenue Avenue, Berkely, only two blocks away from the Telegraph Avenue.

QT
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:04 pm

About the time David Carpenter, Marin's Trailside Killer, got out of the pen no?
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:09 pm

Carpenter was arrested in 1960 for an attack on a woman. He was charged and convicted of one count of assault with intent to commit murder and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon. The crimes were committed on federal property, he received a 14 years sentence in a federal penitentary. He was paroled from prison April 1969.

So he couldn't have been the Zodiac either as some have opined.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Thanks Seagull, I misread the Wiki page on him.

Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:29 pm

I got my info here-

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Psyc%20405/serial%20killers/Carpenter,%20David%20-%20fall,%202005.pdf

It's 6 page pdf and has quite a lot of info about Carpenter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: David Carpenter is not the Z, but did Z do any of Carpenters crimes ?   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Seagull wrote:
Carpenter was arrested in 1960 for an attack on a woman. He was charged and convicted of one count of assault with intent to commit murder and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon. The crimes were committed on federal property, he received a 14 years sentence in a federal penitentary. He was paroled from prison April 1969.

So he couldn't have been the Zodiac either as some have opined.

Thanks Seagull for giving us Carpenters information. I didn't know that there are people who thought Carpenter could have been the Zodiac ?

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that some of the trail side murders he was accused of doing, were actually committed by Z. (At least one I am very sure of)

There were witness's who saw the shooter of the couple from UC Davis, Ellen Hanson and Steve Haertle at Henry Cowell State park in Santa Cruz. That shooting took place on a Sunday March 29th 1981, early evening. The shooter used a ruse to get them off of the main trail, not far from the observation deck, where a strange man had stood just minutes before. That man wasn't Carpenter, he wore a yellow jacket with the words Olympic drinking team Montana. That jacket was made only in Billings Montana, and there were only 30 of them made. The man in the yellow jacket was the shooter that is for sure ! Steve Haertel survived the attack, and saw him with that jacket, as well as other witness's.
What has never been said about that jacket, ( That I know of ? ) is what was hidden behind the back pack that the shooter had on that day.

I can tell all of you reading this, that it was two beer mugs, foaming and dripping over the top of the mugs, being held by two hands, as if giving a cheer. I have never seen a jacket done as well as that one ! I saw it only once in the late 80's at my job and never again. I don't remember seeing words on the back of that jacket, but I did see some on the front. A witness said there were words on the back, I just don't remember seeing them. I do remember that the cuffs were ribbed and the collar, may have had some at the bottom of that jacket ?( It was a lot like a Members Only jacket) It wasn't the "bright" golden yellow jacket, as described in the book Sleeping Lady by Robt. Graysmith. It was closer to a yellow /Golden banana, maybe it had faded in 6 or 7 yrs ?

I have nothing to gain by mentioning this, in fact it could be very dangerous for me to mention it. I am sure the person who had it on that day didn't think I would be reading about it in the 90's. I hope he is not one of the readers of this site , or one of his many friends who have seen him ware it !
Seagull, as good as you are in your investigating these crimes, maybe you know more about this jacket that you can share with us ? I would like very much to find out who ordered the 30 jackets in Montana and what were they for ? The sizes ordered would be another interesting bit of information , being that the shooter looked more like the size of Kathleen Johns abductor.
Back to top Go down
bayarea60s
Chief

PostSubject: Sandy....   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:24 am

Sandy....

Did you ever post this before, on TV's site? I remember reading somewhere about the guy with the yellow jacket as you've described it here. I don't recall it being you who stated that or if I even read about it on one of the Z sites, but I have heard this before. I didn't know only 30 were made. You would think it traceable, again with the Montana connection, much like Z's story at LB. Very interesting for sure.
Back to top Go down
bayarea60s
Chief

PostSubject: Sandy and all   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:52 am

Sandy....

I found this site.....

http://law.justia.com/cases/california/ca14th/15/312.html

Hopefully that works...It's the history of the Carpenter case...This is where I read about the jacket before...According to the witnesses it was Carpenter who wore the jacket....

Interesting case story. I remember when they captured Carpenter. I was hoping they could link him to Z, but he wasn't Z. Just another Bay Area nut job.

Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:55 am

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Carpenter confess to commiting some of the Zodiac murders at one point...?
Back to top Go down
bayarea60s
Chief

PostSubject: Quag   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:56 am

I don't recall Carpenter doing that, but he very well may have.
Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:51 am

bayarea60s wrote:
I don't recall Carpenter doing that, but he very well may have.

I seem to remember it appearing in a few newspaper articles of the time. Here's a link to one article which mentions it in passing:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1948&dat=19810517&id=nj0uAAAAIBAJ&sjid=wdcFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2747,380286
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:00 pm

bayarea60s wrote:
Sandy....

I found this site.....

http://law.justia.com/cases/california/ca14th/15/312.html

Hopefully that works...It's the history of the Carpenter case...This is where I read about the jacket before...According to the witnesses it was Carpenter who wore the jacket....

Interesting case story. I remember when they captured Carpenter. I was hoping they could link him to Z, but he wasn't Z. Just another Bay Area nut job.

That witness was Steve Haertle I believe ? According to Carpenter's court transcripts I read in San Diego , Steve didn't I'd Carpenter at first, until LE convinced him he was the shooter. Remember most of the time when a witness has gone through something as traumatic as he did, you can't count on him as a good witness. It was all of the other four witness's who saw the man in the yellow jacket, who said it wasn't Carpenter. After a while Leland Fritz went along with LE, yet they didn't trust his word. The person that I saw with that very same jacket, was also a printer from the Hayward area. Did he work with Carpenter, I don't know ?
I wonder what the odds are, that out of only 30 jackets made in Montana, two of them turn up near Hayward Calif. ? Oddly enough, I came upon two red cars with the rear view window described as being like the shooters car, one had a bent looking tail light. I found one in Fairfield, the other in Martinez. I mention this because I didn't see that type of mirror on Carpenters red car, and the killer did have that mirror. Maybe LE thought he removed it ? I don't doubt that Carpenter was a killer/ rapist and deserves to be on death row, but what if he wasn't responsible for even one of those murders ? That means that that killer is still out there, if he isn't dead already .

Remember the Z card that had: I feel it in my bones you ache to know my name ? Well my hair stood up on the back of my head , when I read that the man in the yellow jacket told Leland Fritz on the observation deck minutes before the shooting, : "My bones ache" ! He said that after Leland had asked the man to join he and his son for a walk on the trail. The other interesting bit of information was that when the man spoke , he spoke in a slow and deliberate manner. That got my attention not only because we know Z spoke that way, but so did my poi. Carpenter is a stutterer and is to this day. (Steve said the shooter did not have a stutter.)

Barbara Schwartz, March 8th 1980 is another victim I am not so sure was Carpenters ? She was stabbed with a knife, the same size and width that was used at Lake Berryessa, the killers bifocal glass's were left behind. ( Carpenter did not ware bifocals )They were not the same prescription as Carpenter's, plus one side of the frames were made for someone with one ear lower and closer to the face . That indicates to me, someone who either had a tragic accident, or was born with a deformity. Somehow LE worked around that one to make it fit their only suspect.

Someone claiming to be the killer, made phone calls to the police, one call was for them to go to a "phone booth", look underneath the ledge , and there would be a clue. That clue was never divulged as far as I know ? Only that it was of a domestic origin. What came to my mind, were the scouring pads that Kathleen Johns said she saw on the dash board of her abductors car ? If Z was doing some of these murders, he would want to give some clue for LE, to try and figure out he was the perp I would think ?
He wasn't about to do as he had in the past , because this was part of his game for people to figure out who he was killing. (These are just some of the things that I think are a possibility and not stated as facts.)
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Regarding Carpenter's stuttering. He stated when committing his acts his stutter would disappear and he was able to speak in deliberate manner. This was after the 1960 attack in the Presidio for which he got 14 years but was paroled in 69.
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 1:40 pm

traveller1st wrote:
Regarding Carpenter's stuttering. He stated when committing his acts his stutter would disappear and he was able to speak in deliberate manner. This was after the 1960 attack in the Presidio for which he got 14 years but was paroled in 69.

I read that his stuttering would sometimes disappear when he would talk real loud or yelled. Where did you read that he himself said he didn't stutter when he was attacking people ? As far as I know he didn't admit to doing anything, like most perps ? I am not saying you are wrong, I just like reading it for myself.
His stutter was so bad, I had a hard time understanding him in the early 80's, and that was after he had to raise his voice, because of all the loud people around us.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 1:49 pm

Sorry Sandy he didn't say that himself. It was reported by the victim of the Presidio attack.

"Douglas states that prior to and during the incident, he lost his crippling stutter. The victim described his speech as slow and deliberate, in contrast to the way he usually talked, and he had seemed unduly angry."

It's from the first paragraph on this page on TRUTV

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/david_carpenter/13.html
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Thank you so much for that information , he seems more like Z than I had realized . To think I have wanted to talk to him at San Quentin !
I am still not convinced that he was the man in the yellow jacket , because I know who I saw wearing it, and that person is either related to the man in my picture and is protecting a killer, or is connected in another way. (I have seen the two of them together.)
Two of the witness's to the Ellen Hanson and Steve Heartel crime, were a plastic surgeon and a nurse who saw the killer looking at Steve being helped , as he went to his red car to get out of Dodge. The man they saw was not Carpenter. That doesn't mean Carpenter was not responsible for other murders . I can't see how he could have spoke to Leland Fritz and son without a stutter, if that were Carpenter ? I just think that the police put all of their unsolved murders during that time in one basket and didn't look for anyone else killing during that time.

I doubt Zodiac was taking a break at that time, if he wasn't still doing his thing in Calif., he had to be doing it in another state. Serial killers like this don't just stop, murder to them is like us breathing air, they have to kill.

Again, thank you for that information, I had no idea he could stop stuttering, without shouting.
Back to top Go down
bayarea60s
Chief

PostSubject: Sandy   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Sandy.

If you go into the link I posted in Justia Law...And type in David Joseph Carpenter the history of Carpenter pops up. Very interesting stuff. It explains the jacket in some detail and where it came from. Apparently this gal that Carpenter lived with for a while ID' the jacket as Carpenter's, along with the other witnesses who were at the scene that day. That doesn't say that Carpenter didn't give it away to someone who later you would see wearing it. Or it could have been another jacket. There were like 20 of them made Cqarpenter's ex said.
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:49 pm

bayarea60s wrote:
Sandy.

If you go into the link I posted in Justia Law...And type in David Joseph Carpenter the history of Carpenter pops up. Very interesting stuff. It explains the jacket in some detail and where it came from. Apparently this gal that Carpenter lived with for a while ID' the jacket as Carpenter's, along with the other witnesses who were at the scene that day. That doesn't say that Carpenter didn't give it away to someone who later you would see wearing it. Or it could have been another jacket. There were like 20 of them made Cqarpenter's ex said.

Thanks BA60's, I will check it out. My feelings about Carpenters friends are pretty low, I wouldn't trust anything any of them said. The strangers who didn't know Carpenter, but who saw the man in the yellow jacket, I have to believe. They had nothing to gain by telling what they saw that day.
But Carpenters girl friend on the other hand, might have had something against him and wanted to get even , or to have her 15 minutes of fame. Too many other people saw a different looking man in the yellow jacket that day , for it to have been Carpenter.

Couples were Zodiac's mo not Carpenters, so any of the couples that were killed I would give more thought to. Rick Stowers and Cindy Moreland were killed on a Zodiac anniversary Oct 11th 1980. It could be just another one of those odd coincidences, but I have a strong gut feeling about these couples.
Some might say that Mt. Tam is not a known Zodiac area, remember Isobel Watson ? That was at the foot of the Mt. Tam area, she described a man who looked just like Zodiac as the man who stabbed her.

Aug.19th 1979, Edda Kane was shot with a 44, she was "not raped", I doubt that one was a killer rapist such as Carpenter. If I remember correctly, she was 44 yrs old . It's as if the killer knew she was 44 and thought to use a 44 to kill her ? Sound nuts I know, but then these killers don't think like you or I.
The other thing that made me wonder , was that the killer was described as having a beak like nose, Carpenter had a pug nose. If you ever get a chance to see the composite of the hooded stranger, who was believed to be Edda's killer, you will see that he could not be Carpenter.

I would have to say that if any of the Trailside murders were lone women who were raped then murdered , it would make sense to me that those were the work of David Carpenter, and not Zodiac's. Zodiac is believed to be impotent, we know Carpenter wasn't.
I tend to say what I think, that doesn't mean that I am right, but I think some of what we believe to be true just might not be. It should be looked at very carefully with fresh eyes.
Back to top Go down
bayarea60s
Chief

PostSubject: Sandy   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:29 pm

Sandy...

I believe if I got the story right this ex-girlfriend, roommate, whatever, of Carpenter's not only ID' the jacket, but she is the one who designed it, maybe made them, but at least designed them when she lived in Montana. I forget if it was a bar or radio station promotion where she worked and she came up with the design. I don't think Carpenter ever lived in Montana, so I would imagine they first hooked up in Ca. and she passed the jacket along to him. Supposedely there were 20 jackets made. Who knows how many others she had and gave those away to friends as well. If she's still around that would be a good question for her.

I think Z had some activity in Mt. Tam area.

And Edda Kane, any relation to our Mr. Kane? I'm sure she isn't but I figure you would know the answer to that.

And you know Sandy I highly regard what you have to say. Always have always will.

Bay

Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:45 pm

bayarea60s wrote:
Sandy...

I believe if I got the story right this ex-girlfriend, roommate, whatever, of Carpenter's not only ID' the jacket, but she is the one who designed it, maybe made them, but at least designed them when she lived in Montana. I forget if it was a bar or radio station promotion where she worked and she came up with the design. I don't think Carpenter ever lived in Montana, so I would imagine they first hooked up in Ca. and she passed the jacket along to him. Supposedely there were 20 jackets made. Who knows how many others she had and gave those away to friends as well. If she's still around that would be a good question for her.

I think Z had some activity in Mt. Tam area.

And Edda Kane, any relation to our Mr. Kane? I'm sure she isn't but I figure you would know the answer to that.

And you know Sandy I highly regard what you have to say. Always have always will.

Bay

Thanks BA60's the feeling is mutual. "If" his girlfriend was the person who did the jackets , then I would very much like to talk to her. She was Candy Townsen in Graysmiths book. He met her in S.F. and she supposedly told him about jackets she had in her car, a red , blue and one yellow. So now we know that there was only one yellow jacket in Calif. That makes this even more interesting to me ! That means that the person who I saw with the same jacket, had to have gotten it from Carpenter, if the girl friend was telling the truth ? I don't remember it having black cuffs, maybe brown ? The collar I thought I saw was not a shirt type collar. I seem to remember it more like a members only type jacket. The beer mugs on the back were not so far apart as I remember , for sure they were done to look as if it was a cheer. If the printing company is still in Montana, maybe someone will remember the jackets ? I did read that someone at the bar in Montana bought her the yellow jacket. Seems strange to me that if is she was the person who did the jackets , she wouldn't have to have one bought for her ? Something is wrong with this picture.I hope that Graysmith didn't embellish that part of the story , like he did in the Z book about Art Allen.

About Edda Kane, You bet I did a lot of checking on her name, being the same as Larry Kane LOL. Her husband John Kane was not related to Larry as far as I could tell.
They came from Hollywood Ca. ,she was from Germany. I did find a connection between Edda to a E. Watson estate, and wondered if that was a relative to Isobel ? It was almost funny about the name Kane. I found someone at Mt Tam was a grounds man or someone like that, working there with the name Kane ,and at the presidio in 1969 one of the head guys there in charge of the sixth Army, was Bob Kane. He was my number one suspect for a long time, because of being told the man I took a picture of was Larry Kane. Kane is dead and my poi is still around.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Barbara Jane Parkin
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2