Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"

Go down 
+13
Jem
smithy
AK Wilks
StitchMallone
traveller1st
patinky
Theforeigner
tahoe27
Zamantha
Nachtsider
bentley
rand
morf13
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:02 am

My POI was somehow connected to this company, but I dont know how exactly:

Syar Industries, Inc
885 Lake Herman Road
Vallejo, CA 94591-8324 map
Vallejo-Fairfield-Napa, CA Metro Area
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:49 pm

Ah-oh! That is the quarry which has been discussed a bunch in regards to this case.

Zodiac wrote about having his "blast", etc.

That quarry is above BRS. (fyi...there is also a quarry at the base of Mt. Diablo in Clayton--the quarry is Mt. Zion.)

Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 Lhrquarry
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:09 pm

morf13 wrote:
I wonder if the phone booth used by Z after the Berryessa attack could be added to this map photo?

Hope this helps: Directions state it's a little over 10 miles from the American Canyon address to Clinton St. in Napa.

Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 Napatohuntershouse

Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 Maplhrlb
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:45 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
Ah-oh! That is the quarry which has been discussed a bunch in regards to this case.

That quarry is above BRS. (fyi...there is also a quarry at the base of Mt. Diablo in Clayton--the quarry is Mt. Zion.)

That is very interesting. Thanks, I would like to know more about that quarry. Zamantha & Sandy who found that clue for me, said it was next to his name in an old Vallejo directory if I am not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:48 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
morf13 wrote:
I wonder if the phone booth used by Z after the Berryessa attack could be added to this map photo?

Hope this helps: Directions state it's a little over 10 miles from the American Canyon address to Clinton St. in Napa.

Hmm that is interesting. He could have been on his way back to his trailer home at American Canyon, or back to his home on Mini Dr in Vallejo, either way, he was headed back in that direction.

I wonder why he needed a second home at American Canyon? Its not all that far from his main home, could it have been the place where he did "his thing", undistubed by wife & kids??
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Many have thought Zodiac lived in a general area of Vallejo thinking he may have gone home prior to making the Vallejo call. It was quite a bit of time between the BRS attack and the phone call.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:03 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
Many have thought Zodiac lived in a general area of Vallejo thinking he may have gone home prior to making the Vallejo call. It was quite a bit of time between the BRS attack and the phone call.

I can agree with that. I dont know if Jimmy worked the midnight shift at Humble Oil the night of BRS, or not, but he def lived nearby.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:24 pm

tahoe27 wrote:

Here is a pic of the Syar Industries, Inc. Lake Herman Quarry, Vallejo, California:
Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 Lhquar10
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:25 pm

UFO activity at the LHR Quarry.... http://www.ufoevidence.org/newsite/commentlist.asp?resourcetype=case&id=90

The writer in the link wrote: "botom", "entirly". Reminds me of Z! Maybe he was the mysterious trucker that night at LHR. Was he ever interviewed? And why would a trucker be coming out of that gate so late--what was he doing there? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:36 pm

Zamantha asked me to post some of the SYAR photos, so I guess I will do so in the VALLEJO VIBE SECTION in the HANGOUT thread
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 7:05 am

morf13 wrote:
tahoe27 wrote:
morf13 wrote:

Hmm that is interesting. He could have been on his way back to his trailer home at American Canyon, or back to his home on Mini Dr in Vallejo, either way, he was headed back in that direction.

I wonder why he needed a second home at American Canyon? Its not all that far from his main home, could it have been the place where he did "his thing", undistubed by wife & kids??

From the GRAYSMITH book seen here:
http://books.google.com/books?id=8Wm6fvRvEqIC&pg=PA105&lpg=PA105&dq=%22stella%22+%22lake+herman%22+%22nephew%22&source=bl&ots=20KRYEBYz8&sig=REktWKAy94Wo8lhShxc1KhseVho&hl=en&ei=53aDTJ_EFoH7lwerg4yqDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=%22stella%22%20%22lake%20herman%22%20%22nephew%22&f=false

"Mrs. Stella Borges's ranch sat off Fairgrounds Dr. and abutted the SYAR ROCK QUARRY on AMERICAN CANYON RD. "
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 7:14 am

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Some people have discussed the theory on various forums, that Z took his name from the Batman episode in which Joker pulled some cunning crimes called the "Zodiac crimes"

Here is a link to see it- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDgNCx1RtHw

Anyhow, the episode first ran in January of 1967. But it was rebroadcast on June 14, 1967 at 7:30pm. That was my suspect's birthday! That seems like a huge motivation for him, if he was Z, to use the Zodiac persona.

Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 Owen_b10
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Pure speculation on my part, but have a look at this-
Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 Hallow11

Zodiac positioned this skeleton this way for some unknown reason. It is hard to miss the "Oil Me" on both sides of the skull. But more interesting, is the position of the legs & knees. There was room to hang those legs straight down and fit them on the card. So why did he turn them the way he did? I think he wanted to draw attention to the knee area. I have underlined in red on the card, what I feel is a taunting clue to his identity. It is very close to the last name of my POI, and he did work at Humble Oil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:50 am

A ha ,I like the Oween bit Morph, tantalizing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:59 am

Solar Pons wrote:
A ha ,I like the Oween bit Morph, tantalizing. Very Happy

May be just a coincidence (i personally dont think it is), but it is hard to ignore the OIL ME & OWEEN that Z seemd to have brought attention to by his placement of the card.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:45 am

morf,

On the high-res scan of the Halloween card, it does not appear that the skeleton could be set in different positions, i.e., it is simply a cutout. While I agree that it may have been strategically placed on the card, I don't think the legs could have been "extended"... unless Z actually drew/constructed the skeleton first to be in that specific position. No?

-tbz
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:15 am

thebigZ wrote:
morf,

On the high-res scan of the Halloween card, it does not appear that the skeleton could be set in different positions, i.e., it is simply a cutout. While I agree that it may have been strategically placed on the card, I don't think the legs could have been "extended"... unless Z actually drew/constructed the skeleton first to be in that specific position. No?

-tbz

Can you post a high-def photo of the card?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:33 am

morf13 wrote:
thebigZ wrote:
morf,

-tbz

Can you post a high-def photo of the card?

Yessir. Here 'tis...

Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 Hallow12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:03 am

And now that I've gone and posted that, I kinda remember there was some controversy of these pics... I think there were some high-res scans done by Fincher to make his movie. These may be part of that bunch. There was some question regarding whether they were scans of the gneuine halloween card or Fincher mock-ups. If you look closely at the placement of the skeleton, you can see subtle differences between the two different scans (color vs. B&W). However, whether this is the actual card may be moot in regards to my question, as Fincher was a notorious stickler for detail. This was discussed on MB's site a while back, though it's been a couple of years and my mind wanders these days.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:43 am

Okay thanks for posting it. One thing i clearly see in the black & white version is that the letter M in the word GAME, is clearly visible in its entirety. On the color version, it is partially blocked. High res, or not, there is clearly a difference, so in my opinion, we are looking at two different versions. At Tom's site here- http://www.zodiackiller.com/HalloweenCard.html that version clearly shows the same thing. I suspect, that the color version may be the movie prop version.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:08 pm

I still believe the skeleton was a cutout of some sort. Hopefully, someone will be able to clear that up for us.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Someone just sent me a PM and said that the highdef photo you posted IS the one that was a movie prop, and that Tom had posted a photo of the prop on his forum. That makes me think the good old black & white version is the real & correct one.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm

morf13 wrote:
Pure speculation on my part, but have a look at this-
Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 Skel10

Zodiac positioned this skeleton this way for some unknown reason. It is hard to miss the "Oil Me" on both sides of the skull. But more interesting, is the position of the legs & knees. There was room to hang those legs straight down and fit them on the card. So why did he turn them the way he did? I think he wanted to draw attention to the knee area. I have underlined in red on the card, what I feel is a taunting clue to his identity. It is very close to the last name of my POI, and he did work at Humble Oil.

The image on the card is a PENTENE I believe. If you flip it around, it matches the penetene photo here-
Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 Penten10

The 4 little dots are also somehow used in chemistry, but I forget how.
Most often 1-pentene is made as a byproduct of catalytic or thermal cracking of petroleum, or during production of ethylene and propylene via thermal cracking of hydrocarbon fractions.
1-Pentene is rarely isolated as a separate compound. Instead, it is most often blended into gasoline or, in a mixture with other hydrocarbons, alkylated with isobutane to make gasoline

More evidence, in my opinion, that Z worked at Humble Oil.

Last edited by morf13 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:05 pm

As previously stated, my POI owned or rented a mobile home at 244 American Canyon Rd. It is listed as NAPA. The place was called NAPA OLYMPIA MOBIL LODGE as seen here-
Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 Olympi10

So it was classified as being in Napa. That means my POI had property in both Vallejo & Napa in 1969. But also weird is that the mailing address was in Vallejo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: