Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

6/26/70 Zodiac "Button" letter with MAP

Go down 
+5
tracers
AK Wilks
bentley
tahoe27
morf13
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Quicktrader
Chief
Quicktrader

6/26/70 Zodiac "Button" letter with MAP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Please find other thread:   6/26/70 Zodiac "Button" letter with MAP - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
Nin

PostSubject: Re: 6/26/70 Zodiac "Button" letter with MAP   6/26/70 Zodiac "Button" letter with MAP - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:31 pm

Quicktrader wrote:
.. However I saw radians shown in the form of 62.8 (instead of 6.28).

This is what I was getting to, QT. When you previously posted to follow the direction of 54 Radians I was quite confused as there are no more then 6,28 Radians in a circle, any circle. So 5.4 is what you really meant then. Thanks.

-Nin
Back to top Go down
Quicktrader
Chief
Quicktrader

PostSubject: Radians...   6/26/70 Zodiac "Button" letter with MAP - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:33 pm

...result from twice the number 'Pi' which is about 3.14...therefore 6.28 (or 628) radians make one circle round. Sadly I can´t find the site anymore where I had found these different type of writings.

However I think we now can be sure what Z meant with Radians (direction) and Inches along the radians (distance). Should be a typical (military) navigational term, this indeed strengthens any assumptions that Z worked had military education (walker boots, cryptography, navigation). Maybe he also was a teacher by profession.

While I had posted one solution, others might be worth to be mentioned as well (although the sign on 26, St. Stephens Drive is somehow strange - however I couldn´t find such a similar sign online). If anybody offers another solution of the cipher, I am willing to calculate the detailed longitude/latitude position of it. It would be interesting how these navigational issues had been dealt at institutions like March Air Reserve Base (Riverside).

If anybody has a connection to former airforce base employees, please keep the following questions in mind

- accessability of name lists (comparison with my-name-is-cipher)
- type of writing down navigational coordinates (e.g. RADONEPOINTEIGHTEEN etc..)

Last one for sure would help to find a perfect match, if not already been found (anybody wants to dig @ 26, St. Stephens Drive?)

BTW, this kind of navigation is called terrestric or 'waypoint' navigation and such issues have been used aviation as well, e.g. in the book 'Air navigation' from Frederick George Brown.

Quicktrader
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: 6/26/70 Zodiac "Button" letter with MAP   6/26/70 Zodiac "Button" letter with MAP - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 11:23 pm

An informal method of measuring a relative bearing is by using the 'clock method'. In this method, the direction a vessel, aircraft or object is measured as if a clock face is laid over the vessel or aircraft, with the number twelve pointing forward. Something straight ahead is at 'twelve o'clock', while something directly off to the right is at 'three o'clock'. This method is only used for a relative bearing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bearing_(navigation)

Did Z use a form of this 'clock method' on Mt. Diablo?
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: 6/26/70 Zodiac "Button" letter with MAP   6/26/70 Zodiac "Button" letter with MAP - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 11:33 pm

bentley wrote:
An informal method of measuring a relative bearing is by using the 'clock method'. In this method, the direction a vessel, aircraft or object is measured as if a clock face is laid over the vessel or aircraft, with the number twelve pointing forward. Something straight ahead is at 'twelve o'clock', while something directly off to the right is at 'three o'clock'. This method is only used for a relative bearing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bearing_(navigation)

Did Z use a form of this 'clock method' on Mt. Diablo?

I think so...at least that was part of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6/26/70 Zodiac "Button" letter with MAP   6/26/70 Zodiac "Button" letter with MAP - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

6/26/70 Zodiac "Button" letter with MAP
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2