Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok

Go down 
+12
StitchMallone
Luke68
Jem
Seagull
Theforeigner
Quagmire
Azazel
Zamantha
tracers
rand
tahoe27
morf13
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:44 pm

May I ask those who knows this "Deer Lodge Gang" case/theorie well;

What about the 3 confirmed "Bates had to die" Zodiac letters sent in April 30 1967?

How could any of those 3 from the "Deer Lodge Gang" have written/sent those?

Sorry if this has already been covered.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Seagull wrote:
LOL Tahoe! The border crossing document says his mothers name is Geneva Valentine and she lived in El Monte CA. This document was made when LE captured Dryman in Canada and brought him back to Montana for trial.

Good stuff Seagull!

I beleive that Geneva Valentine must have been the Aunt he lived with in Southern California prior to commiting the murder of Pellett.

Seems like he didn't want much association with his parents!
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Theforeigner wrote:

What about the 3 confirmed "Bates had to die" Zodiac letters sent in April 30 1967?

I have never been too convinced they were from Zodiac.

As many know, I have questioned LB. I have also questioned the Halloween Card. The HC card is very Dryman-ish. So to me, someone else could have stepped in and did some copy-cattin'. lol

Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
Nin

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:27 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
.. The HC card is very Dryman-ish. So to me, someone else could have stepped in and did some copy-cattin'. lol

Or- someone else tried to blame Dryman. Wink

-Nin
Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
Nin

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:36 pm

bentley wrote:
The Akronite doesn't know when Richard left jail. "In Montana, killing a police officer is not punished as severly as it is here. Probably Richard only served about 38 years".

Does that say 38, or 3-8, or is supposed to say 3-8? If he meant 38, he couldn't be talking about Bujok.

In any case, if SFPD was investigating his claim, shouldn't have been too hard to find Deer Lodge inmates who had killed Montana LE officers.

The years may be a typo, bentley. And regarding LE, I agree.

-Nin
Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
Nin

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:46 pm

bentley wrote:
..Edwards fails to mention that Richard (he is referring to Bujok, right?) actually went by the name ZODIAC when he tipped off police. I guess he didn't feel that was of importance... Smile

Edwards may have actually forgotten what he said back then and what not, since he wrote the letter somewhen between end of last year and beginning of this year. Could be an interesting slip though.. Thanks for pointing it out, bentley.

I assume that LE did not share everything with the newspaper and advised Ed what to say and what not to say as it as an ongoing investigation. That would also explain the name "Richard" (besides the "snitch" reason)being used and not Lee or Robert, if Ed was talking about Bujok.

Again, could all be "part of the game" on Edward's side to put blame on Dryman and now Bujok. Things may not always be the way they look.

-Nin
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 2:10 pm

Nin wrote:
bentley wrote:
The Akronite doesn't know when Richard left jail. "In Montana, killing a police officer is not punished as severly as it is here. Probably Richard only served about 38 years".

Does that say 38, or 3-8, or is supposed to say 3-8? If he meant 38, he couldn't be talking about Bujok.

In any case, if SFPD was investigating his claim, shouldn't have been too hard to find Deer Lodge inmates who had killed Montana LE officers.

-Nin

The copy IS hard to read. It could say 18 which is how many years Dryman was in prison. April 1951 to Jan. 1969.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
Nin
Chief
Nin

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 2:21 pm

Seagull wrote:

The copy IS hard to read. It could say 18 which is how many years Dryman was in prison. April 1951 to Jan. 1969.

I think it says 18, just because the "only" would otherwise make no sense. "Only" 38 years does not make sense. There is no dash in between to make it look like 3-8 in my view.

-Nin
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:28 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
Theforeigner wrote:

As many know, I have questioned LB. I have also questioned the Halloween Card. The HC card is very Dryman-ish. So to me, someone else could have stepped in and did some copy-cattin'. lol

So if Dryman was Zodiac, then LH wasn't the work of Zodiac, CJB wasn't Zodiac, the Bates letters weren't Zodiac, and now we hear that the HC wasn't the work of Zodiac and LB wasn't Zodiac. That means that the Zodiac was responsible for BRS and Stine's murder. At this rate, it won't be long before the Zodiac wasn't the Zodiac scratch

Last edited by rand on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:31 pm

rand wrote:
tahoe27 wrote:
Theforeigner wrote:

So if Dryman was Zodiac, then LH wasn't the work of Zodiac, CJB wasn't Zodiac, the Bates letters weren't Zodiac, and now we hear that the HC wasn't the work of Zodiac and LB wasn't Zodiac. Soon the Zodiac won't be the Zodiac scratch

I agree, that scenario almost tales Z out of the entire equation
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:32 pm

Yes, it leaves BRS and PH as Z crimes. And we have some who believe that fingerprints don't rule out POIs; and DNA doesn't rule out POIs. Where does it all end? Nowhere, I suppose. Like George Harrison sang: If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.
Back to top Go down
Luke68
Lieuntenant
Luke68

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:01 pm

Am I right in thinking that the Zodiac cross-hairs didn't appear in correspondence until after LB? In which case (if it wasn't the same person), the letter writer was the copy-cat rather than the murderer?
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:18 pm

The crosshair symbol first appeared in the August 1969 letter. This is when the killer first called himself Zodiac, the newspapers had dubbed him The Code Killer. He signed the August letter with the crosshair symbol and wrote No Address underneath.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:25 pm

Seagull wrote:
The crosshair symbol first appeared in the August 1969 letter. This is when the killer first called himself Zodiac, the newspapers had dubbed him The Code Killer. He signed the August letter with the crosshair symbol and wrote No Address underneath.

No, Seagull. The crosshair appeared on the very first Zodiac letters delivered to three newspapers with the cipher on July 31, 1969. The Killer did not call himself the Zodiac at that time. He began to call himself the Zodiac in the August 1969 letter. This is very important, IMO. He signed his letters with a crosshair PRIOR to calling himself the Zodiac.

Here is the crosshair symbol on one of the July 31, 1969 letters. http://www.zodiackiller.com/VTHLetter2.html
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Your absolutely right, Nin. I had totally forgotten about that. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:34 pm

I don't mind being mistaken for NIN -- it's a step up for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
Nin

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:47 pm

rand wrote:

So if Dryman was Zodiac..

Just in theory, right?

-Nin
Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
Nin

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:48 pm

rand wrote:
I don't mind being mistaken for NIN -- it's a step up for me Smile

For me it's a kick in the head.. Laughing

-Nin
Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
Nin

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:53 pm

rand wrote:
..The crosshair appeared on the very first Zodiac letters delivered to three newspapers with the cipher on July 31, 1969. The Killer did not call himself the Zodiac at that time. He began to call himself the Zodiac in the August 1969 letter. This is very important, IMO. He signed his letters with a crosshair PRIOR to calling himself the Zodiac.

I totally agree, rand. That is one of the reasons I always wondered why when the killer called the murders in via phone booth, he never identified himself as THE Zodiac. While I understand he may have enjoyed the sh...... faces of police officers when discovering the message on the car door at LB, I still have the gut feeling the name wasn't as important to him as the crosshair symbol. Next.

-Nin
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Embarassed I tongue really Exclamation need Shocked to quit confused multi-tasking affraid
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:18 pm

Seagull wrote:
Nin wrote:
bentley wrote:

-Nin

Maybe it does say 18. "About 18 years"? That's like saying "I'll be over in about 18 minutes". Why not 20?

Dryman's sentence wasn't for cop killing I don't think.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:27 pm

Nin wrote:
That is one of the reasons I always wondered why when the killer called the murders in via phone booth, he never identified himself as THE Zodiac. While I understand he may have enjoyed the sh...... faces of police officers when discovering the message on the car door at LB, I still have the gut feeling the name wasn't as important to him as the crosshair symbol. Next.

-Nin

Very insightful...tellingly so.
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:17 pm

Could very well be. I do think he needed the Z identity for public communication. After the first round of letters he might have felt, rightly so, that he couldn't go on referring to himself as "I am the killer of..." to the Bay Area at large.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:21 am

bentley wrote:
Could very well be. I do think he needed the Z identity for public communication. After the first round of letters he might have felt, rightly so, that he couldn't go on referring to himself as "I am the killer of..." to the Bay Area at large.

Sort of like "Prince" (the musician) being a symbol. It just doesn't work.

I think too he wasn't fond of "cipher slayer".

Back to top Go down
Luke68
Lieuntenant
Luke68

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:56 am

bentley wrote:
Seagull wrote:
Nin wrote:
bentley wrote:

-Nin

Maybe it does say 18. "About 18 years"? That's like saying "I'll be over in about 18 minutes". Why not 20?

Dryman's sentence wasn't for cop killing I don't think.

Correct. Bujok was the cop killer (under-sheriff). Dryman killed a cafe owner. From the date of the final trial and final sentencing, Dryman spent just under 14 years in prison (Deer Lodge).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next