Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69

Go down 
+12
sandy betts
bruce3
entropy
Zamantha
Theforeigner
Cremcraw
rand
AuthUser
Ricardo
tahoe27
Stratcat
morf13
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:20 am

I'm still taking in the whole thing and pondering. It's quite a find, glad we are able to see it first hand. Much thanks Morf & AK for tracking these things down.
This is another one of those things that make you think.... I like that! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:24 am

To me, there is some atuff that makes me think it was Z, and other stuff that doesnt.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 am

This was posted at ZKfacts.com and is the reason why I think it was sent to Sgt Lynch,, Vallejo PD

Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 Murdco10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 am

sunny This note looks as those they had a hard time pushing down on the type writer keys. And besides misspelling some words. Dose Concerned Citizen, ring any bells? bom It sound just like him. Match this note with the letters typed in riverside. See if the small {a} is lower, just like the ones on the note in some places. See if there is a match Idea As for the code info, sometimes writing is different with mood swings. And using your left or right hand can make a big differents on how a letter looks. P.S. Very Happy Happy fry, have a wonderful and safe weekend. And don't forget to Express your self on this form everyone Razz
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:22 pm

morf13 wrote:
This was posted at ZKfacts.com and is the reason why I think it was sent to Sgt Lynch,, Vallejo PD

Yes..pretty sure it was Lynch. Look at the initials on the side of the key as well. "JPL 8/11/69"
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:34 pm

KEY.SMITH697 wrote:
sunny This note looks as those they had a hard time pushing down on the type writer keys. And besides misspelling some words. Dose Concerned Citizen, ring any bells? bom It sound just like him. Match this note with the letters typed in riverside. See if the small {a} is lower, just like the ones on the note in some places. See if there is a match Idea As for the code info, sometimes writing is different with mood swings. And using your left or right hand can make a big differents on how a letter looks. P.S. Very Happy Happy fry, have a wonderful and safe weekend. And don't forget to Express your self on this form everyone Razz

This typewriter does not match either the Confession Letter or the letter from Patricia Hautz.

Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 9:54 pm

I sent both the Atlanta envelope I got through a FOIA and the Code Key that Morf got through FOIA to all the major Zodiac sites as per the agreement that Morf, Zamantha and I came up with to help spur cooperation among boards with different approaches to the case and most importantly to insure maximum distribution of items to get the most minds working on them. I have to say that Mike Butterfield did give nice credit to Morf and I in his post of the items and at his document center. Thanks also to Ricardo and Howard Davis who sent thank you's on behalf of their sites, and to Doug Oswell, Chris Y and Roland who have done so in the past.

Glad that maybe we can lessen some of the competition and pointless fighting, and get some good minds working on the facts and evidence.

Mike B also posted this:

A point of interest for anyone who is interested: I posted the code key here after receiving the material from Morf and AK Wilks on late Thursday evening. The key had been the subject of curiosity for years and the posting was apparently of interest to many. On Thursday, the site had 95,422 hits (slightly above the daily average), with 278,362 hits on Friday and 152,887 hits on Saturday. Thanks again for sharing, Morf and AK.

AK - Wow, thats a lot of views! That is what we wanted, because you never know what person is going to come up with a key idea or concept nobody else thought of. Thanks back to Mike B and all the boards.

By the way, ZodiacKiller WAS included at first on our distribution list, and was only dropped at the request of Tom Voigt.

Be that as it may, I still want this code key to get maximum exposure. We claim no copyright in these FOIA documents, they belong to the public. While credit such as Mike B and others have given us is deeply appreciated, it is not required. Any members here who are also members at ZK, please feel free to post this code key, the bleeding knife and/or the Atlanta letter.

This code key in particular has long been a major item of interest for researchers amid speculation it may be from Zodiac. The hits at zkf indicate there is great interest in it.

So for members at zk or at other sites, feel free to post these items.
Back to top Go down
entropy
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:57 am

Just wanted to add my kudos to the job morf and AK have done gathering so much "new" information through the Freedom of Information Act and double kudos for sharing the information with everyone openly. That's what it's all about... or should be about... for any message board of people sharing a common goal. Tom and Mike B. have obviously done great work gathering, sorting and displaying information as well. They deserve kudos as well whether or not you like them, their websites or the people who post on their message boards.

I personally don't think this "key" was sent by Zodiac but it is certainly part of the history of the case and hopefully will be discussed openly on whatever board people choose to discuss it.

Morf & AK= 1, Zodiac= 0
cheers
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:06 am

entropy wrote:
Just wanted to add my kudos to the job morf and AK have done gathering so much "new" information through the Freedom of Information Act and double kudos for sharing the information with everyone openly. That's what it's all about... or should be about... for any message board of people sharing a common goal. Tom and Mike B. have obviously done great work gathering, sorting and displaying information as well. They deserve kudos as well whether or not you like them, their websites or the people who post on their message boards.

I personally don't think this "key" was sent by Zodiac but it is certainly part of the history of the case and hopefully will be discussed openly on whatever board people choose to discuss it.

Morf & AK= 1, Zodiac= 0
cheers

Michael B posted this at Zkfacts:
"A point of interest for anyone who is interested: I posted the code key here after receiving the material from Morf and AK Wilks on late Thursday evening. The key had been the subject of curiosity for years and the posting was apparently of interest to many. On Thursday, the site had 95,422 hits (slightly above the daily average), with 278,362 hits on Friday and 152,887 hits on Saturday. Thanks again for sharing, Morf and AK."

That was nice of him to post that, and it surely shows that there is a very good amount of interest in these previously unreleased Zodiac materials. Hope more of these previously unreleased materials will slowly make their way into the public eye.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:00 pm

scratch Now that I think more about it, that would make scent. Different typewriters, different locates. I believe strongly that z typed those Confession letters. P.S. I'm glad there is a good amount of interest in this case a lot of hits, I saw some where that their make a new movie called Return of the Zodiac. [Is this so] Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Good stuff Morph, I see there was a fly in the ointment while I was having a few days off lol Smile swatted now I see.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Solar Pons wrote:
Good stuff Morph, I see there was a fly in the ointment while I was having a few days off lol Smile swatted now I see.

Thats the good thing about being away for a few days, when you come back, you find some new stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Theforeigner wrote:
THANKS MORF/AKWILKS !!! Very Happy cheers Very Happy

Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 Medal__Awesome_by_WendyAtticus

Yes and sorry if I'm missing something here. At first glance, I thought the Harden Key was written by one of them and the Concerned Citizen key written by the anonymous person but now am not sure. Other copies I've seen of the Harden Key are different.

If correct, do you know who submitted the Harden Key (who wrote it)? Note the paper with the dots and dashes and the others I've seen are on plain paper, for one thing. Is this Harden Key exactly like the ones submitted by the Hardens? I'm wondering if Z is playing tricks and this one is really him and his true handwriting. The Concerned Citizen plain pages are odd looking in that they appear to be frayed/torn along the vertical edges. But, considering all the mishandling of evidence, that could explain it.

Another thing that has probably influenced handling of evidence since Z began known is AIDS! I am surprised at all the pictures of evidence being handled by people wearing no gloves, especially the Stine shirt with the blood. AIDS wouldn't have been of concern then, but you'd still think gloves would have been worn to preserve any finger or handprints on any of the items of evidence.
Back to top Go down
bruce3
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 3:09 am

Without saying this is a Z I found the following:

Envelope- no zip code a Z trait since 1966/9;70;74.

Roosevelt stamp.Some 50 stamps and Z selected this one for a great many letters.It is combination of comparative traits in whole not in part.

Addresses to Sgt. We don't know if he spelled Lynch correctly as it is marked out. It would seem from the new account and as T27 pointed out the initials refer to Sgt.Lynch as he is called the lead investigator of the code and case there. Z did address Belli by name on his envelope.He did, if Z, used Bates' name in '66/7.Very Rare.

Has SF postmark a Z PM missive location.

3 by 5 card -Z had used this size card later.

Starting as "Dear" another Z trait such as Dear Editor.

"Working puzzles criptograms and word puzzles..."A Z -like word jumble or word play.. 'Working puzzles and cryptograms' better. Of course,this word is misspelled and yet the writer claims cryptograms is one of his 'great pleasures.'I am using "his" "he"in the classic generic sense. I thought of the Crip gang when I read the spelling of cryptogram. FYI only.

Correcting "signature"(the a looks Z-like from the a's I have seen in some missives).a Z trait-correcting a mistake, but not correcting other misspellings like the word "mentioned"in the Key! He left the letter e out! This little error has gone unnoticed by many. I have seen this in Z letters and even in the '78 Channel Nine letter. Just about every Z -like error is in there. I tore that letter apart for many months using ultraviolet light with intense magnification.Now years as I always go back over everything.I worked a long time on that photographer that took the original photos of that letter and the envelope he also photographed. It was very kind of him.

As far as the Key goes the FBI does confirm many elements of the Key in handwritten notes.

It has been noted the word play on his 'name' and emphasis the writer of the Key uses.
Z had said 'I will not give you my name' as said also in the Key. He did encourage,I believe, code breaking his 408 by saying 'in this code is my indentity.'I researched the word indentity and name and there are differences. His 'indentity or who he identifies with could be Robert Emmet (the 18 character word jumble) or Robert E Lee fits too as do other names.But his name would be his birth name. And this is why he said he would not give his personal name as it could lead to his capture('stop'or 'slow down').
R.E. fits as he was an Irish revolutionary that went against the establishment.When I was in the UK everyone seemed to be aware of him.He is a folk hero. Just the kind of person Z would identify with.There is evidence in Z's letters of UK influence as well as 'Southern talk' from some Texas/Southern wordage in his letters. Robert E.Lee a hero to many in the South.Just speculation is all.

[i]
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:45 am

Could be the writer was Spanish....they spell it Criptogramas. So when writing it, he/she still thought it was an "i" and not a "y" in English.

Too bad it was LE who used the hole-puncher....I might just be convinced. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 7:53 pm

morf13 wrote:
RE: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69

[url=https://servimg.com/view/14945813/1247]Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 Codeke13

Does anyone else see the name "Daniel"????????? If you look at the first vertical column on the right, starting third down.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:50 pm

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Also, and maybe I am just tired, but remember the letter that was sent to Vallejo PDF from the town of IVA (in SC or NC forget which state)? The writer wrote a letter to Vallejo PD giving them a 'tip'. The tip was regarding the spelling by Zodiac of the abbreviation for December. Instead of writing DEC, Z spelled it DES. The writer from the town of Iva mentioned that the word was german, and he knew that from his military svc over in Germany. For whatever reason, the authorities thought it was suspicious and logged it into the FBI files. Its on this site someplace, but the search box to find it doesnt work. Anyhow, am I correct that the name DANIEL was the person who sent that, or am I mixed up? I will see if I can find it.

EDIT: I found it, but it doesnt say DANIEL anyplace on it. I must have been mixed up.Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 Daniel10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:49 am

Thank you for your reply Morf. Like you said, this could be a coincidence....

Besides the first right column seeing the name DANIEL, that in the last two remaining right columns I also see these words jumbled: ASK, FILM, I, WON'T, STEEL.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:17 pm

Using all of the letters on the right side, I put them into an anagram solver. Will see what interesting words come out of it.

So far...

I LEFT A/ I LET A/ also words like INK/TWO/WIN/KNEW/KEN/KNELT/SIN/FEET/WOLF/FILM/FILMS/WONT/FEEL/FLEE/KNOT/FEWEST, and many more I am sure.

Here is the site:
http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cgi?anagram=fklmasiiwnwotesetlt&language=english&t=0&d=&include=&exclude=&n=&m=&source=adv&a=n&l=n&q=n&k=1
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: The name Daniel   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Oddly enough, the name Daniel means very much to me.
Whom ever left the Lake.B.costume in my car at the end of Sept 69, left many other things with it. One being a plastic name tag with the name "Daniel Perez", put on the back seat of my car in Napa.
I have mentioned this name many times before to my Z friends.
However I doubt that the killer would put his name tag in my car with the killers costume. I feel now that I know the case pretty well, it could be the name of another Z victim, and he was drawing attention to that person. I didn't find any with that name in northern Calif. Pryor to Sept 1969, but there was one who died in southern Caif.at a young age. I haven't gotten the death cert. yet, but that is in the plans.
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:20 pm

sandy betts wrote:
Oddly enough, the name Daniel means very much to me.
Whom ever left the Lake.B.costume in my car at the end of Sept 69, left many other things with it. One being a plastic name tag with the name "Daniel Perez", put on the back seat of my car in Napa.
I have mentioned this name many times before to my Z friends.
However I doubt that the killer would put his name tag in my car with the killers costume. I feel now that I know the case pretty well, it could be the name of another Z victim, and he was drawing attention to that person. I didn't find any with that name in northern Calif. Pryor to Sept 1969, but there was one who died in southern Caif.at a young age. I haven't gotten the death cert. yet, but that is in the plans.

Hi Sandy, I did a little reseach on the Daniel Perez name, here is what I found:

In the California Death Index, 1940-1997 , a timeframe of 57 years !!! only 48 males by the name Daniel Perez has been listed as have died in California.

But in 1964, 4 males by that name died, so:

ALL 4 died in 1964
ALL 4 very young; 3,22,19 and 1 years old
All 4 died in Los Angeles
ALL 4 have 4 in their birthdate 14, 4, 24 and 24
ALL 4 was either born in Jan or Feb..Jan, Feb, Jan, Feb

Kind of odd IMO

It would be interesting to know how thise 4 young males died?

3 years old at the time of death

California Death Index, 1940-1997
about Daniel R Perez
Name: Daniel R Perez
Sex: Male
Birth Date: 14 Jan 1961
Birthplace: California
Death Date: 21 Jan 1964
Death Place: Los Angeles
Mother's Maiden Name: Holguin

22 years old at the time of death

about Daniel G Perez
Name: Daniel G Perez
Social Security #: 567587789
Birth Date: 4 Feb 1942
Death Date: 9 May 1964
Mother's Maiden Name: Gamboa

19 years old at the time of death

about Daniel O Perez
Name: Daniel O Perez
Social Security #: 550600878
Birth Date: 24 Jan 1945
Birthplace: Texas
Death Date: 24 May 1964
Mother's Maiden Name: Orosco

1 years old at the time of death

about Daniel P Perez
Name: Daniel P Perez
Birth Date: 24 Feb 1963
Death Date: 19 Nov 1964
Mother's Maiden Name: Ponce

Back to top Go down
Rubicon
Police Officer

PostSubject: Code key letter and its mate   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:24 pm

In my opinion, the disclosure of the Aug. 10, 1969 3 X 5 index card and "enclosed "key"" via the fine efforts of morf13 and AKWilks is one of the significant Zodiac events of 2011.

There is another communication received by the Vallejo PD as described in the police report on the Blue Rock Springs Park attack. A note in the report (page 37 as it is posted on Zodiackiller.com) was made for 8-12-69 of the receipt of another anonymous letter. Quote from the report:

"8-12-69 Anonomous letter received post marked Palo Alto enclosing a newspaper clipping from the San Francisco Examiner & Chronicle suggesting that the last 18 letters were a telephone number 1 digit missing. Checked VPD Directory and no such number listed. 6 3 2 1 2 4."

Although this communication has been summarily dismissed as Zodiac noise, I think otherwise. A try to obtain a copy of this communication through FOIA or otherwise would be well worth the effort. As I am not familiar with the FOIA process, perhaps someone else could make an attempt to get it released.

Back to top Go down
bruce3
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:04 pm

A call came to the Palo Alto Times October 1969 or about two months after the key note mentioned in the above post.
The caller said "This is the Zodiac. I had to leave San Francisco because I'm too hot there." The police Chief thought it was a "serious" call. Who knows for sure.
Back to top Go down
Quicktrader
Chief
Quicktrader

PostSubject: Daniel Perez   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:35 pm

San Jose High 1958 yearbook p. 77
Patterson High 1065 yearbook p. 74, 78,..

http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/San-Jose-High-School/128684?hitwiseSegment=free&checkCookie=1327533089385
http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/Patterson-High-School/25170

This is where you can get some information on Perez, Daniel...doesn´t seem to match the Z sketches or even the my-name-is-cipher...maybe Z knew and hated him?

Last edited by Quicktrader on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69   Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zodiac code key sent to Vallejo PD 8/10/69
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next