Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo

Go down 
+10
Nachtsider
sandy betts
tahoe27
bayarea60s
Zamantha
bentley
tracers
StitchMallone
Nin
morf13
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Empty
PostSubject: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:05 pm

This POI thread is for the classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in the Vallejo area.  . After posting in the Bates section about this guy, I decided this guy is worthy of his own POI thread for the following reasons:

*He went to school and graduated with Cheri Jo Bates.

*He wound up living in Vallejo and in several areas around Vallejo

* He has ties to Riverside (Bates), San Bernardino (Kathleen Johns), and Vallejo (Zodiac)

*Still trying to pinpoint an exact timeframe of his arrival in the bay area, and various addresses he has lived at in the SF bay area (there are quite a few).A woman he married in the mid 70's, had lived in Solano County and was divorced in Solano County in 1972.

* This guy is stocky, not too tall (under 6 ft), was barrel chested, and wore glasses.

*There is evidence that this guy used firearms

*Looked similar to the Lake Berryessa sketch

I am working to gather as much info as possible,  BAYAREA60s is helping, and any help from any volunteers  is appreciated. There are alot of dots to connect, and some holes. The guy seems like a 'ghost'.

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Copy_o12

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Berry_10

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Allen_11

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Allen_12

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Allen_29
Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Alennn10
Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Alennn11
Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Phpsfn11

Last edited by morf13 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:09 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
Nin

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:29 pm

By the way, this is the LB composite in original and altered version. I did a screenshot some time ago from a youtube video. Don't recall the title.

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Composite1

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Composite2
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:44 pm

This guy is moving up the charts as a Zodiac suspect!!! The last time this guy used an address in Vallejo was 1974....that was also the last year that Zodiac wrote a confirmed letter!!!! More to come
Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
Nin

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:47 pm

morf13 wrote:
This guy is moving up the charts as a Zodiac suspect!!! The last time this guy used an address in Vallejo was 1974....that was also the last year that Zodiac wrote a confirmed letter!!!! More to come

Hey, we are in dire need of more Zodiacs here just to cover all of our suspects.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 3:06 pm

I am actually surprised that there is not more interest in this guy since he went to school with Bates, and wound up using an address in Vallejo until 1974, the same year the last Zodiac letter was mailed.

Zodiac was connected to the Bates case in Riverside, and possibly was from there, wrote letters in her case, and a desktop poem, then wound up in Vallejo.

Well, here is a guy that fits that profile....stocky, barrel chested, less than 6ft tall, wears glasses....etc

Anybody looking to help research, shoot me a PM.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Nin wrote:
morf13 wrote:

Hey, we are in dire need of more Zodiacs here just to cover all of our suspects.. Laughing
Lol Nin we got the most and the best out of all the boards. By the way I find this guy interesting myself and can't wait to hear more.
Back to top Go down
tracers
Chief
tracers

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Yes, this is quite interesting so far!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:40 pm

Working on gathering a few more things about him, may take a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Anybody have any connections down in Riverside or San Bernardino areas that can get their hands on news articles down there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:08 pm

morf13 wrote:

Are you saying that all of these photos/sketches are of the same suspect? Imo, the one with the dark hair at the bottom, said to be the original sketch, looks nothing like the other two guys (one with lighter hair and the other one with darker hair at the top. The one at the top is wearing a suit and is he the short guy wearing the dark glasses?

The sketch of the guy with glasses and lighter hair does match with the photos that are in the middle but this guy doesn't look like either of the other ones imo.

Since you located this guy's address, can you find out if he actually lived there and for how long? What kind of work he did? When did he move there?

And, can you please tell us how to locate these old addresses and phone numbers without the actual phone book. I have some re. my poi but they are now cell phone #'s and every site I go to charges and I am leery of paying unless I know it will be a helpful source of the information I'm seeking. TIA.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:17 pm

The photos I provided are of the same guy, one with glasses, and some without glasses. They were all taken in the mid 1960's. The sketches are variations of the man seen acting suspicious at Lake Berryessa. They wanted a couple different looks for him. You can get old addresses and phone # for people by using background check services such as www.beenverified.com or www.pipl.com or using ancestry.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:36 pm

morf13 wrote:
The photos I provided are of the same guy, one with glasses, and some without glasses. They were all taken in the mid 1960's. The sketches are variations of the man seen acting suspicious at Lake Berryessa. They wanted a couple different looks for him. You can get old addresses and phone # for people by using background check services such as www.beenverified.com or www.pipl.com or using ancestry.com

Thanks so much. Delete if inappropriate but every time I see Dr. Drew on tv I think of the sketch of the guy in the middle with glasses lol!

Also, the guy at the top looks so different to me. If it is the same one in the photos below, then the lighting must have been very different, the glasses make a huge difference as well as seeing his face straight on vs. from the side. The other thing about the photo of the one at the top is the hair is parted on the opposite side and it looks like he has a widow's peak. This is interesting to see how different what seems like minor things can make such a difference in someone's appearance.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:51 pm

lovethecar wrote:
morf13 wrote:

Thanks so much. Delete if inappropriate but every time I see Dr. Drew on tv I think of the sketch of the guy in the middle with glasses lol!

Also, the guy at the top looks so different to me. If it is the same one in the photos below, then the lighting must have been very different, the glasses make a huge difference as well as seeing his face straight on vs. from the side. The other thing about the photo of the one at the top is the hair is parted on the opposite side and it looks like he has a widow's peak. This is interesting to see how different what seems like minor things can make such a difference in someone's appearance.

Thats why people cant go simply by teh Zodiac sketch because Z may have looked a bit different, or didnt always wear glasses, etc.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:11 pm

In this photo, A is where Darlene Ferrin lived, and B is where this classmate of Bates lived, less than 1.5 miles apart.
Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Vallma10
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:23 pm

That's the area a tipster once said Z's old car was still parked. East of Hwy 80. Buick Skylark I think it was.

Release the hounds!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:41 pm

bentley wrote:
That's the area a tipster once said Z's old car was still parked. East of Hwy 80. Buick Skylark I think it was.

Release the hounds!

What was the address of the phone booth Z used the night of the BRS murders?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:50 pm

morf13 wrote:
bentley wrote:

Release the hounds!

What was the address of the phone booth Z used the night of the BRS murders?

Never mind it was on the corner of Tuolumne & Springs
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:11 pm

700 Tuolumne. Tracers, Sandy and I have pictures to post next week. We went on a Z field trip.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 6:43 am

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Zf10
Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Zipppp10

I have long tohought that the weird symbol by Zodiac was a reversed pentene, and it still may be. But then again, this suspects last name starts with an "F", so maybe thats a clue, because the symbol also looks very much like "ZF".
If the Z stands for Zodiac and the F is the first initial of his last name, I dont know what the dots could mean. His first name has 5 letters, his middle name has 4 letters, but not sure how they would tie into 4 dots.

Then, look at the map Z sent:
Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Map10

The ZERO at the top, along with the arrow head is making a direct hit on the town of CLAYTON where this guy HAS LIVED. It is as if the arrow is pointing to Clayton. And to the right, the number 3 is just about on top of a road he has lived on called MORGAN TERRITORY RD.

I Know he has lived in the areas where Z drew on the map, and I know he has lived in Vallejo as well. I am still trying to pin point the exact years in each place.

Out of every suspect or POI I have looked into, or helped looked into, this guy seems to be the most difficult...he literally has stayed off the grid, wether on purpose or by accident. Using every data base, search engine, archive, and background check I can think of, I cant find anything on this guy, besides a bunch of various addresses around the bay area, and multiple PO boxes. He has no email, no myspace of Facebook, never made any posts online, no record of employment, nothing at all.....

Also, in the confession letter...the person that typed iit typed "THE CONFESSION BY _________________"
Judging by the space on the line, compared to the typed letters just under it, I would say there is about 16-18 spaces there.
Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Confes10

His full name typed out without spaces is 16 letters, with a space after his first name and middle name, then we would have 18 spaces. It fits perfectly(to the couple people here that know his name, please verify what I am saying), and remember, this guy went to school in Riverside and was down there with Cheri Jo Bates, I dont have to try and force this guy to fit into the Riverside puzzle, he just does.

I would bet money, that only a handful of guys that lived in Riverside during the Bates crime, also lived in Vallejo during the Z years. Certainly any of them could be suspect, and this guy is the only one I know of that is on that list.

Last edited by morf13 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Pretty wild that this guy is basically a ghost Morf and is there anything on his profession since school ?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:38 pm

StitchMallone wrote:
Pretty wild that this guy is basically a ghost Morf and is there anything on his profession since school ?

Nothing at all!
So far this is a confirmed timeline-

*1966 graduates high school

*1966-1973??????

*1973, marries a girl (residence unknown), and 8 months later, in April 1974 divorces her(in Riverside County)

*1974.....has addresses in Clayton & Vallejo that he uses, and the year 1974, is the last time he uses those addresses (also the same year the Z letters stop)

*1976...marries a girl in San Bernardino. That girl had gotten a divorce in 1972 in SOLANO COUNTY.

1966-1974, I am trying to get more info, but digging for this guys info is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

The only thing I know for sure is that he went to school with Bates, graduated with her, lived in Vallejo, and left the bay area in 1974 when the Z letters stopped to go back down to southern CA (he later moved back to the bay area)

Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Wow dang he is a ghost and only thing that tells us that he was still in the California area in those years from 66 till 76 even if if it was for visits. More likely though he stayed in the state but moved to different parts through those years. Very interesting and curious if he has any Military background as well. Anyhow even though he is a tough one I have faith Morf you will eventually find more on him.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Just figured out this guys name and the irony of it I have the game on in the background. All of a sudden I hear this guys last name and turns out the rb shares his last name. Question why is he the only one in a sweat shirt jacket in the photo ? Was he the captain assistant coach or etc ?

EDITED.....T.M.I.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:17 am

Stitch, I edited your post above as it give a bit too much info that would allow his last name to be revealed.

Not sure why he had a jacket on, he was on the team for a couple years, and was pretty big chested looking, so I dont think he was a water boy.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 2:00 am

morf13 wrote:
Stitch, I edited your post above as it give a bit too much info that would allow his last name to be revealed.

Not sure why he had a jacket on, he was on the team for a couple years, and was pretty big chested looking, so I dont think he was a water boy.
No problem Morf and yea my bad. Yea he does like he wrestled or hit the weights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo Empty

Back to top Go down

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next