Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eva Lucienne Blau

Go down 
+4
Theforeigner
morf13
traveller1st
Seagull
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:43 pm

Eva Blau is one of the possible victims that appears on Graysmith's list in the YB. I knew next to nothing about her death other than most people agreed that Eva was most likely not a Zodiac victim.

I went to Santa Rosa and copied a whole bunch of articles about her from the Press Democrat. As usual the microfilms at the library are in poor condition but still readable. I would agree that Eva's death is not Zodiac related but I do think that there was more to her death than an overdose considering how she was found and what I've learned so far about mescaline.

The articles-

Eva Lucienne Blau Evablau3

Eva Lucienne Blau Evablau4

Eva Lucienne Blau Evablau5

Eva Lucienne Blau Evablau6

Eva Lucienne Blau Evablau7

Eva Lucienne Blau Evablau8

Eva Lucienne Blau Evablau9

Eva Lucienne Blau Evablau10

Eva Lucienne Blau Evablau11

Eva Lucienne Blau Evablau12

Eva Lucienne Blau Evablau13

Eva Lucienne Blau Evablau14
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Interesting, thanks for taking the time to get that and post it Seagull. I have read some of it but not all. Did you notice if it mentioned anywhere if she was found face down or not?
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:05 pm

Thanks Traveller! I have tried to get as many articles about the murders listed in Graysmith's book as possible. The articles written in the towns where the victims were found or lived usually have the most detail. This particular death does not seem at all Zodiac-like to me and I have to wonder why Graysmith included it on his list of 49. I do think it is quite possible that Zodiac continued killing as he said he would in his letters but this death seems a little too personal for him.

Eva's clothes were in disarray and she had been covered with her coat.

The March 15th, article 1, does say that Eva was found face down.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:37 pm

Seagull wrote:

Ah, the reason I asked that was because it mentioned that her legs were crossed. This jumped out at me as it was the position Cheri Jo Bates was found in. Face down with legs crossed.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:54 pm

That's a good observation! As you read through the articles you will see that Eva was found with undigested food in her stomach. What is strange about that is that the cause of death was found to be a mescaline overdose. One of the classic effects of mescaline is that it causes nausea and vomiting so the cause of death is puzzling to me. If Eva had overdosed on mescaline one of the first thing that should have happened was vomiting but evidently that was not the case.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:15 am

I've read this before but just found it again. It states here the cause of death was clubbing but who knows where they are citing that from.

http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkillers/C/CALIFORNIA_ASTROLOGY_murders.php
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:22 am

Seagull wrote:
Thanks Traveller! I have tried to get as many articles about the murders listed in Graysmith's book as possible. The articles written in the towns where the victims were found or lived usually have the most detail. This particular death does not seem at all Zodiac-like to me and I have to wonder why Graysmith included it on his list of 49. I do think it is quite possible that Zodiac continued killing as he said he would in his letters but this death seems a little too personal for him.

Eva's clothes were in disarray and she had been covered with her coat.

Very interesting ideas Seagull, thanks for posting the articles.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:49 am

Traveller the articles do say that Eva had some bruising on her face but that was consistant with her having been dragged to where she was found in the field. There were no gross injuries that would have been consistant with a clubbing. Read the articles! I know they are not the best resolution and a bit difficult to read but they do contain a lot of information.

That particular website you linked is not very accurate. I have noticed that other entries there that are just flat out wrong to the point of giving the wrong names of the victims.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:43 am

Yup nothing consistent with a clubbing.

Worst seemed to be the bloody nose, the dent in her jaw and the bruising on her body. No mention of severe head trauma. The police wouldn't confirm if she'd been beaten so they must have thought it was down to the disposal.

What do you make of the gravel and particles in her lungs? Alive whilst being dragged?

Also one of the articles mentions that there was a large amount of food in her stomach and then said that this would fit with death being instantaneous. Is this what they are saying in retrospect to your query about the effect of a mescaline overdose - ie it must have been instant as she didn't have time to vomit?

Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:12 pm

Admittedly, I do not know a lot about mescaline and if it is possible to die of an immediate overdose but after reading up on the drug, I find it doubtful. Here are a couple of the sites I looked at when trying to learn a little about the drug-

http://www.allaboutcounseling.com/library/mescaline-overdose/

http://www.drugtext.org/library/books/recreationaldrugs/mescaline.htm

There are a lot more sites, too.

The mescaline could have been a synthetic version that included an ingredient which was deadly, I suppose, but the news reports did not go into any detail of whether or not it was the pure form of the drug. The toxicology tests were performed at the state pathology lab in Sacramento for both Eva and Marie so it's not as if the tests were run in the local county labs which may not be as up to date as the state lab.

Both of the women were with at least one other person when the drug was taken. Usually people, when with another person or in a group, do not take drugs alone but with someone else because they are partying and want to enjoy their experience together. If the drug was deadly why wouldn't the other person or persons have also died or at least suffered some ill effects severe enough that they knew the drug was bad enough to seek help?

I looked for other instances of mescaline overdoses in archived newspapers and could find none. There was one instance of mescaline being in a child's Halloween candy in Chicago but that was it. If one could die from a mescaline overdose why aren't there more news report about it? Also, if there was a bad drug going around, why weren't more people victims of it? I find it odd that only these two women were affected and that they died in roughly the same time period.

Marie Anstey was the one who had gravel in her lungs, not Eva.

Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Oops, my apologies. I really must learn to read from the page and not from my brain - re the gravel.

Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:07 pm

Seagull, thank you SO very mutch for all the absolutely great work you do:)

Traveller, great observation w/the face down/crossed legs like Cheri Jo Bates.

I just did an experiment; if you have a body lying flat on the back and you grab the hip and shoulder and push the body over in order to make it end face down, the legs turn out crossed, or at least in 2 times out of 4 times (my 17 year old daughter acted body, she is 167 cm and weight 53 kg)
SO, maybe that is what the killer did, turned the body over to be face down?

As far as I remeber Cheri Jo bates had also, like Eva eaten shortly before she died.

Eva also had intercourse shortly before she died, but was not raped.

Really myserious circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:41 pm

March 12, 1970:
Eva Lucienne Blau was last seen leaving Jack London Hall at 780 E Cotati aveshe had told friends that she was heading home to address 395 E Cotati ave

April 25, 1972:
Two years after Eva Lucienne Blau's death:
Jeanette Kamahele,20 years of age,was the fourth of the Santa Rosa hitchiking series.
She was last seen hitchiking nearby the Cotati onramp of U.S. 101,traveling north to Santa Rosa on April 25,1972.

Cotati onramp is ca 1 mile from the two E Cotati ave adresses.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:25 pm

3 + 12 + 70 = 85
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:22 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
3 + 12 + 70 = 85

??? Mad

PLEASE don't post that kind of message, I mean, is this supposed to be a guessing contest???
Back to top Go down
onewhoknows
Chief
onewhoknows

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:03 pm

I guess the bottom line has to do with posed and covered bodies. I recently read
that less than 1% of all killers pose or cover the bodies. This would constitute a M.O.
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:46 am

Theforeigner wrote:

Seagull, thank you SO very mutch for all the absolutely great work you do:)

Traveller, great observation w/the face down/crossed legs like Cheri Jo Bates.

I just did an experiment; if you have a body lying flat on the back and you grab the hip and shoulder and push the body over in order to make it end face down, the legs turn out crossed, or at least in 2 times out of 4 times (my 17 year old daughter acted body, she is 167 cm and weight 53 kg)
SO, maybe that is what the killer did, turned the body over to be face down?

As far as I remeber Cheri Jo bates had also, like Eva eaten shortly before she died.

Eva also had intercourse shortly before she died, but was not raped.

Really myserious circumstances.

Well, if she was HIGH on mescaline...I think she would of eaten before she got high not after. Mescaline isn't one of those drugs that make you go on a food er. Also if she is high on mescaline perhaps she willingly slept with this guy...as she was so high to even know what she was doing. I would think it would take ALOT of mescaline to kill someone. Makes one wonder if she was attacked, was her attacker also so high he did not completely know what he was doing. I don't think the mescaline killed her. Yes, purely speculation.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:53 am

Seems like a bad batch with the wrong health conditions could be possible.

Might not be someone who deeply cared for her, but cared enough to feel bad about what happened. He was probably in a hurry to get the hell out of there.

She wasn't strangled, no sign of being beaten, etc. Could have been sex for drugs--her knowning the guy as an aquaintance. (Please forgive me for being so blunt)
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:05 am

Theforeigner wrote:
AK Wilks wrote:
3 + 12 + 70 = 85

??? Mad

PLEASE don't post that kind of message, I mean, is this supposed to be a guessing contest???

Sorry. Embarassed

I thought most people knew my number theory, and I meant to expand on it, but got caught up in work.

See:

https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t335-number-theory-linking-zodiac-murder-dates

Basically, all four confirmed Zodiac crimes fit a number pattern when you take the number of the month, day and year, and add them together. They add up to numbers divisible by 5 and appearing from 80 to 105. And not only do all four confirmed Z murders fit, so do all the major "possible" cases in 1970 - Johns, Lass, Radetich, Hakari, Bennallack.

It appears the death of Ms. Blau also fits this pattern.
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:15 am

AK Wilks wrote:
Theforeigner wrote:
AK Wilks wrote:
3 + 12 + 70 = 85

??? Mad

Sorry. Embarassed

I thought most people knew my number theory, and I meant to expand on it, but got caught up in work.

See:

https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t335-number-theory-linking-zodiac-murder-dates

Basically, all four confirmed Zodiac crimes fit a number pattern when you take the number of the month, day and year, and add them together. They add up to numbers divisible by 5 and appearing from 80 to 105. And not only do all four confirmed Z murders fit, so do all the major "possible" cases in 1970 - Johns, Lass, Radetich, Hakari, Bennallack.

It appears the death of Ms. Blau also fits this pattern.

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:46 pm

Does anyone know of the top of their head what the names of Eva's family members were?
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:25 pm

Robert and Anna Blau of Berkeley were her parents.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:26 pm

Thanks Deb,

Yes I found that eventually. I was trying to find if she had a relative named Herbert.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eva Lucienne Blau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eva Lucienne Blau   Eva Lucienne Blau Empty

Back to top Go down

Eva Lucienne Blau
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Possible Zodiac Victims General Discussion :: All Other Possible Zodiac Victims-
Jump to: