Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Phillip Gordon Gietzen

Go down 
+3
AK Wilks
StitchMallone
morf13
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
patinky
Captain
patinky

Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 6:44 am

Sorry, I have been half-speed with the flu this week, here is the letter to the editor sent in by Gietzen, and although it doesnt include any threats, or language that sounds directly like Zodiac, it DOES prove that writing a letter that grabs an editor's attention WILL get you published, something that Zodiac certainly figured out. (Sorry if the newspaper clippings below are choppy or hard to read)

Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietze11
Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietze12
Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietze13
Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietze14
Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietze15
Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietze16
Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietze18
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:40 am

Now this is interesting....his obit mentions that he was the school's newspaper editor:
Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietzo10

Last edited by morf13 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Thanks Morf and the article and the obituary shows if anything he was a deep thinker and a bit of a loner. Also being a editor himself make you go hum.
Back to top Go down
zodio
Lieuntenant
zodio

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Sounds like one interesting guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:51 pm

Very interesting connection with the Equinox letter. From what I have read though, it seems he just
designed and edited one special edition issue of the magazine "Radical Software". That edition
was titled VideoCity. I don't see anything where there were more VideoCity issues. Maybe someone
could point them out?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:59 pm

caresut wrote:
Very interesting connection with the Equinox letter. From what I have read though, it seems he just
designed and edited one special edition issue of the magazine "Radical Software". That edition
was titled VideoCity. I don't see anything where there were more VideoCity issues. Maybe someone
could point them out?

Have not found any. But he was involved in multiple issues of the bigger magazine RADICALSOFTWARE.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:50 pm

Found out today that Gietzen was "Editorial chairman" of his school newspaper (whatever that is), and he also had a word entered in his activities...'PEGASUS' (whatever that is). Should have a good amount of writing samples of him by the end of next week.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:40 pm

I Updated the EQUINOX letter section today. I am quite convinced that Gietzen is indeed the author of that questioned Zodiac letter. Although it is cool that I was able to find the author using only a few clues in the Equinox letter, it is a bit of a let down as his writing definitely does NOT match Zodiac's(although I have more samples coming). In the sample I have of Gietzen's writing, he goes back and forth between printing & cursive which is what we see in the Equinox letter. In addition, the way he signs his name PH in the writing sample is a dead on match to the way PH is written in the word PHIL in the Equinox letter. There are other matches too. I still hope to find how & why this letter is in the FBI's questioned Zodiac document section.
Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietze22
Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Equino16

I did find out a little more info about Gietzen from his resume as follows ...pay close attention to how he closed out the year 1964, there is no doubt this guy was into space related stuff, and signs of the Zodiac, but it appears it may be all coincidence as it relates to the zodiac case.
Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietze23
Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietze24

His resume also seems to have him in the San Fran area in 1966(not in Riverside). Although the guy looks like Z, has an interest in space & astrology, and wrote a questioned Z letter, the confirmed printed writing of his does not match Zodiac's. It seems as if this guy is another Arthur Leigh Allen almost.

Last edited by morf13 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
entropy
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Quite honestly, his film associations in San Francisco in 1968-1969 make him rather interesting, IMO. I agree that the handwriting doesn't seem to fit but SOMEONE was apparently freaked out by his Equinox letter to alert the FBI. Worth exploring further, IMHO.

There's that Canyon Cinema again...
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:44 pm

entropy wrote:
Quite honestly, his film associations in San Francisco in 1968-1969 make him rather interesting, IMO. I agree that the handwriting doesn't seem to fit but SOMEONE was apparently freaked out by his Equinox letter to alert the FBI. Worth exploring further, IMHO.

There's that Canyon Cinema again...

Entropy, good points. What struck you about the movies in particular? I was hoping to see a Most Dangerous game reference, or The Mikado, etc. By the way, not saying that either Gietzen or Gaikowski were Zodiac, but I will bet that they knew each other. Maybe worth exploring more. Unless we were to find out about how and why the Equinox letter was sent to the FBI, we might be stuck in neutral.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:22 pm

In re 1964, wasn't Richard Gaikowski also involved with "Canyon Cinema"?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:42 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
In re 1964, wasn't Richard Gaikowski also involved with "Canyon Cinema"?

I dont know what year he started with Canyon Cinema, but yes, he was involved with them
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 5:39 pm

Cool Morf for getting these and agree the hand writiing doesn't match Z but also agree Phil should be look into more further. Him being a editor and also background into TV and movies plus the astronomy is very Z like.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 6:09 pm

StitchMallone wrote:
Cool Morf for getting these and agree the hand writiing doesn't match Z but also agree Phil should be look into more further. Him being a editor and also background into TV and movies plus the astronomy is very Z like.

Likely to be just another Arthur Leigh Allen...who just happened to write a letter that was turned into the FBI. Lots of coincidence, but worth looking at further. I will have by the end of next week, alot of material hand written by Gietzen, so we will see what we find.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 3:08 pm

morf13 wrote:
StitchMallone wrote:

Likely to be just another Arthur Leigh Allen...who just happened to write a letter that was turned into the FBI. Lots of coincidence, but worth looking at further. I will have by the end of next week, alot of material hand written by Gietzen, so we will see what we find.
Awesome can't wait to see the material.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 1:34 pm

I have been in communication with Gietzen's Sister. She really didnt have anything to add about him,but admitted the Equinox letter looked like her Brother's writing. She seemed to be upset that I was discussing her Brother in relation to the Zodiac case. I merely told her that I wanted to see how & why the letter he wrote made it into the FBI files,but she didnt wish to discuss it any further. Cant say I blame her.

EDIT: Today,I received pages and pages of documents filled out by Gietzen with lots of printed & cursive writing,none of it to me looked like Zodiac's. The documents included lots of names,references,addresses,etc, and I was hoping to see a link to the Z murders,victims,or suspects,but nothing popped out to me. I may post some of it to get some opinions from people here. I still want to know how & why the Equinox letter was turned in to the FBI. Since I am now certain Phil wrote the Equinox letter,I am going to forward all of the info I have on him to the FBI,so that they can make their own determinations and see whether Phil merits a closer look.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:27 am

I dont see alot of similarities between Gietzen's printing and Zodiac's. Anybody see anything of interest?
Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietze25

Last edited by morf13 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:05 pm

Morf, I see similarities in the 2,4 and 7 and in the lower case "r" in "Francisco." The resume seems to also show that Geitzen had knowledge of and access to costuming and theatrical make-up.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:43 pm

patinky wrote:
Morf, I see similarities in the 2,4 and 7 and in the lower case "r" in "Francisco." The resume seems to also show that Geitzen had knowledge of and access to costuming and theatrical make-up.

You know, you are right, the numbers do have some similarity, but I just dont see any matches with the printed letters.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Exactly those numbers stuck out to me looking like Zodiac and the one lower case g in spring but not much of the rest of it. Morf also would like to know why the Equinox letter is got related to Zodiac specially with Phil looking so much like the sketch.

Last edited by StitchMallone on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:22 pm

I agree, very little here looks like any confirmed Zodiac writing. The only thing of interest to me was some similarity to the unconfirmed May 1978 possible Z letter.

Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietze25
Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Zodiac30
Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Zodiac29

Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:30 pm

I also see similarities in the lower case "c." Also, the indentation is five letters in the resume items and five letters in the lone indentation in the Zodiac letter (This is the zodiac).

It is interesting that the printing style of an architect changes from what is learned in elementary school. Architects learn (or did in pre-CAD days) a unique engineering style of printing.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:40 pm

I will post a few more samples then and see what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:07 pm

morf13 wrote:
I will post a few more samples then and see what you guys think.

Here are 3 more pages of Phil's writing that show alot of his styles,and cover just about all the letters & numbers there are.I redacted some info to protect the ID of some people he wrote about.

In the 3rd page down, top left, the best sample that looks similar to Z at first glance is the word PLEASE

Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietze26

Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietze27

Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Gietze28

Last edited by morf13 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Phillip Gordon Gietzen
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next