Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Phillip Gordon Gietzen

Go down 
+3
AK Wilks
StitchMallone
morf13
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Seems to me like Gietzen used a different symbol for the word 'AND' then Zodiac used. But Gietzen dies use a lower case check mark style 'r' much like Z did.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:50 pm

The FBI responded to my request on any records for Gietzen as related to the Zodiac case, and they replied that they do not have any records for him. That tells me that they never likely looked into Gietzen or his writing. Maybe I will have better luck hearing back about Bujok.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:43 am

Yes, and his "A"s are triangles, and he writes dates consistently in the form: 6/14/64 rather than 6-14-64.

Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 3 Scan0013
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:58 pm

morf13 wrote:
The FBI responded to my request on any records for Gietzen as related to the Zodiac case, and they replied that they do not have any records for him. That tells me that they never likely looked into Gietzen or his writing. Maybe I will have better luck hearing back about Bujok.
Well the Equinox letter had to have somebody believing it was Zodiac. Maybe Phil Sins sent it in lol. Rand also good points about how Phil writes his dates and how Zodiac wrote his different.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:38 pm

A Napa Detective told me that they are trying to find the origin of the Equinox letter, and how & why it was sent to the FBI, and why Phillip Gietzen might have written the letter.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:48 pm

morf13 wrote:
A Napa Detective told me that they are trying to find the origin of the Equinox letter, and how & why it was sent to the FBI, and why Phillip Gietzen might have written the letter.
Great news and would like to know myself.
Back to top Go down
entropy
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:55 am

morf13 wrote:
I am trying to get my hands on several pieces of material hand written and filled out by Geitzen, and I hope it will provide a good timeline, and background for him, not to mention invaluable writing samples(hope some of which is in cursive).

Again, this guy may not be Zodiac, but I have ZERO doubt this guy wrote that Equinox letter. From the minute I saw that letter, and the name PHILG and the date, I assumed it was a Date Of Birth. I searched every person in the USA born on that date named PHIL or Phillip, and he was the ONLY one in the USA and it just happens that he lived in San Fran....too much for me to ignore. May be a dead end, but worth looking at.

Random bump for an interesting (to me) thread...

Any luck on this quest, morf, or was there any further info. in the FBI files? I'm not convinced that the Equinox letter even belongs in the FBI Zodiac files but there are a number of connections that make it really interesting to me. Have we figured out who Tom DeWitt is, who asks "Can you dig it?"?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:12 pm

entropy wrote:
morf13 wrote:
I am trying to get my hands on several pieces of material hand written and filled out by Geitzen, and I hope it will provide a good timeline, and background for him, not to mention invaluable writing samples(hope some of which is in cursive).

Again, this guy may not be Zodiac, but I have ZERO doubt this guy wrote that Equinox letter. From the minute I saw that letter, and the name PHILG and the date, I assumed it was a Date Of Birth. I searched every person in the USA born on that date named PHIL or Phillip, and he was the ONLY one in the USA and it just happens that he lived in San Fran....too much for me to ignore. May be a dead end, but worth looking at.

Random bump for an interesting (to me) thread...

Any luck on this quest, morf, or was there any further info. in the FBI files? I'm not convinced that the Equinox letter even belongs in the FBI Zodiac files but there are a number of connections that make it really interesting to me. Have we figured out who Tom DeWitt is, who asks "Can you dig it?"?

Entropy,YES, the new FBI releases gave us additional & new info on the origin of the Equinox letter-
https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t720p150-equinox-333-pm
Back to top Go down
entropy
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:51 pm

Ah... Thanks, morf. Sorry, I hadn't had a chance to peruse all of the new FBI info. you dug up. Although there's really nothing definitive linking the Equinox letter to the case (aside from the fact that it's included in the FBI's Zodiac files), there is indeed no doubt this guy wrote it and we have a family member claiming that he claimed to be at the scene the night Stine was murdered. He certainly has the right look and a lot of interesting associations as well. The handwriting doesn't do much for me but this guy is still pretty interesting, IMO.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:56 pm

entropy wrote:
Ah... Thanks, morf. Sorry, I hadn't had a chance to peruse all of the new FBI info. you dug up. Although there's really nothing definitive linking the Equinox letter to the case (aside from the fact that it's included in the FBI's Zodiac files), there is indeed no doubt this guy wrote it and we have a family member claiming that he claimed to be at the scene the night Stine was murdered. He certainly has the right look and a lot of interesting associations as well. The handwriting doesn't do much for me but this guy is still pretty interesting, IMO.
Where did the information of the family member come from ?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 5:08 pm

StitchMallone wrote:
entropy wrote:

Read this thread-

A family member of a guy(not Geitzen)turned the letter in thinking the letter was written by Zodiac. Again, the guy who had the car in which the letter was found was NOT Gietzen,as I dont think Gietzen had any relatives in CA
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 5:32 pm

morf13 wrote:
StitchMallone wrote:
entropy wrote:

Read this thread-

A family member of a guy(not Geitzen)turned the letter in thinking the letter was written by Zodiac. Again, the guy who had the car in which the letter was found was NOT Gietzen,as I dont think Gietzen had any relatives in CA
Thanks and so the question is, who was this guys brother in law? apparently he had to be associate of Phil to have had the letter. Would be interesting to talk to the guy that turned that letter in if he is still alive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Phillip Gordon Gietzen
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3