Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"I sometimes receive mystical helps"

Go down 
+9
StitchMallone
Zamantha
Nin
traveller1st
tahoe27
entropy
Theforeigner
morf13
doranchak
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nin
Chief
Nin

"I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:00 pm

morf13 wrote:

Sorry, just my opinion, that this guy wasnt zodiac, but somebody just thought he looked like the sketch. Maybe NIN could use her new shiny toy (actually old 1969 Vallejo directory)and tell us if there were any people named NEVIS living in Vallejo from 68-74. If his name is somehow there, or a close relative of his, then, we might have something

There was a JOHN NEVIS on 153 Ash Street.

-Nin
Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
Nin

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:02 pm

sashafromdonetsk wrote:
.. The first - that if not the Zodiac, than someone from his natives has the second name or a surname O'Neill (exactly so - from double "l") and is valid, his mother-in-law has such second name or a surname. ..

Alex, what was the mother-in-law's first name?

Thanks, Nin
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:10 am

Nin wrote:
sashafromdonetsk wrote:
.. The first - that if not the Zodiac, than someone from his natives has the second name or a surname O'Neill (exactly so - from double "l") and is valid, his mother-in-law has such second name or a surname. ..

Alex, what was the mother-in-law's first name?

Thanks, Nin

Here are Carl's relatives:
Family links:
Parents:
Joseph William Nevis (1888 - 1964)
Eva Marie Gandy Nevis Potts (1910 - 1964)

I think he was an olnly child,so no siblings that could have lived in Vallejo, and his parents both died in 1964, so they def didnt live there.

Spouse:
Margaret Jane Devlin Nevis (1932 - 1988)
Children:
Tammy Jo Nevis (1960 - 2007)*

He has one other Daughter who is still alive

Like I said, I dont think he was Z,but man he looks alot like that wanted poster,like a mix of both the original, and ammended version
"I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 Nev_bm10
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:36 am

To me he looks decent to the sketch but have seen probably 10 others with better resemblance and some down right Erie including my RH. With that said not to much faith in psychics either but will always keep a open mind. Heck what can it hurt ? I welcome anyone that can bring some closure to this case.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:42 am

StitchMallone wrote:
To me he looks decent to the sketch but have seen probably 10 others with better resemblance and some down right Erie including my RH. With that said not to much faith in psychics either but will always keep a open mind. Heck what can it hurt ? I welcome anyone that can bring some closure to this case.

Not to go too far off topic, but in talking about resemblance to the z sketch,how does this guy compare? (photo from 1964)
"I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 Clemz10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 3:09 am

morf13 - Means, you communicated to his relative? It is interesting. I was always sure that the Zodiac lived not in the Vallejo area, but in general in northern or central California, also he came to area of murders and sending letters from other counties - so your finds confirm it! - and this Carl Nevis was born and died exactly there (Richard Gaikowsky in general during some Zodiac murders was on east coast of the USA or in Europe, but it doesn't disturb Tom Voigt and his company to suspect him seriously), I saw it after found his page where places of his birth and death are specified. I found this page in such a way as I told, you can not trust me, but in the history already were cases when people with psychic abilities helped to solve crimes. And I repeat that my one and only purpose to achieve check of his fingerprints, handwriting or DNA, without it all conversations remain simply conversations. I understand your doubts and I too would like to see proofs of my correctness, and for this purpose I look for accomplices in the USA, but not just to discuss this. Therefore I offer such option. If there are people who will be able to find such proofs or to convince police to do it, and if will be officially proved that he was the Zodiac, you delete me and this topic from a forum and all glory you will take yourself. And if it appears that he wasn't Zodiac (though I am sure that he is), you will tell that it not your mistake, but mine, and all shame I will assume to myself. But thank you and for small help, you found the good confirming facts for me Wink

Nin - His mother's-in-law full name is Margaret Jane O'Neill Devlin.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:27 am

Yes,I did speak to his relative who told me that he lived quite a ways from Vallejo & San Francisco. Because the murders were close to Vallejo,and the letters were mailed from San Francisco,which suggests that Zodiac lived in one of those areas. Those towns are between 90 minutes and 2 hours from where Nevis lived,which makes it very unlikely he was the zodiac. If somebody could find a link of his in Vallejo or a close relative,that would be interesting, but besides looking like the zodiac sketch,there is nothing that would link him to zodiac
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:25 am

Chin and hair line are off but other than that your guy looks good Morf.

The Nevis guy looks even better except for the ears and hair line. The glasses are different than the usual black-rimmed glasses of that period and the Zodiac sketch appears to have the same odd-type glasses.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:39 am

I try not to put too much into the looks of suspects,or POI's,but hey,if they look alot like the sketch,that's okay too
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Morf, why do you think Zodiac was "local" as opposed to traveling 90 minutes to two hours? I know the mailings were local to the killing sites and the sender (if an out-of-towner) would have been inconvenienced to drive that far to mail letters but "remailing" services were popular back in those days. Or maybe he just liked to ride around on occasion.

The killer seems to have been familiar with the area, which indicates a local, but around here we used to drive to Nashville at the drop of a hat to shop or for entertainment or to work and that's an hour's drive away.

Fwiw, I tend to agree that Zodiac lived close to the sites but the Bates case was farther away and the Lompoc killings too (if one or both were, indeed, Zodiac killings).

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:15 pm

patinky wrote:
Morf, why do you think Zodiac was "local" as opposed to traveling 90 minutes to two hours? I know the mailings were local to the killing sites and the sender (if an out-of-towner) would have been inconvenienced to drive that far to mail letters but "remailing" services were popular back in those days. Or maybe he just liked to ride around on occasion.

The killer seems to have been familiar with the area, which indicates a local, but around here we used to drive to Nashville at the drop of a hat to shop or for entertainment or to work and that's an hour's drive away.

Fwiw, I tend to agree that Zodiac lived close to the sites but the Bates case was farther away and the Lompoc killings too (if one or both were, indeed, Zodiac killings).

* The Zodiac seemed to be familiar with lover's lane spots around Vallejo

* The letters were mailed from San Fran on weekdays typically,which may indicate he worked in SF

* If he killed late at night as in the LHR or BRS attacks,he would then have a long ride back to his house if he was 2 hours a way,and for a Family man like Nevis for example, I am sure his Family would notice him driving around all hours of the night

Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:28 pm

morf13 wrote:
patinky wrote:
Morf, why do you think Zodiac was "local" as opposed to traveling 90 minutes to two hours?<snipped for brevity>

* The Zodiac seemed to be familiar with lover's lane spots around Vallejo

* The letters were mailed from San Fran on weekdays typically,which may indicate he worked in SF

* If he killed late at night as in the LHR or BRS attacks,he would then have a long ride back to his house if he was 2 hours a way,and for a Family man like Nevis for example, I am sure his Family would notice him driving around all hours of the night

I agree with everything you said with one exception. I've known many family men who went out at night or even stayed out all night: NCO meeting, card playing, faked over-time at work, etc. I think it depends on the man and how his family handles his absences.

I guess I'm getting off topic with this since it is about the psychic lead. I must admit I'm skeptical but I also must admit I've had two or three unexplainable things happen in my life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:07 am

morf13 wrote:
Yes,I did speak to his relative who told me that he lived quite a ways from Vallejo & San Francisco. Because the murders were close to Vallejo,and the letters were mailed from San Francisco,which suggests that Zodiac lived in one of those areas. Those towns are between 90 minutes and 2 hours from where Nevis lived,which makes it very unlikely he was the zodiac. If somebody could find a link of his in Vallejo or a close relative,that would be interesting, but besides looking like the zodiac sketch,there is nothing that would link him to zodiac

It doesn't disprove, but confirms that he could be a Zodiac killer! No proofs of that Zodiac had communication with the Vallejo area or San Francisco. But are proofs of the return - Zodiac obviously was very organized and careful criminal, who hardly would began to commit murders in the area of his dwelling. Most likely, he intentionally chose places, to which it is possible to reach in 1-3 hours by car and then for the same time to return. Besides, from 4 of his crimes only 2 are made in the Vallejo area. San Francisco the large city, in which he could often be on affairs. Also was many suspects connected with places of Zodiac killings, but they was rejected by a consequence. Therefore I say, that can resolve our dispute only comparison of handwriting and the main thing - fingerprints and DNA bounce
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:46 pm

Logic states that a person killing in Vallejo/Napa primarily on weekends, and mailing letters from San Fran on weekdays, probably lives/works in one or the other,or someplace in between. For a person on a weekday, when they might have a job,to drive 90 minutes to 2 hours out of their way to kill and/or mail letters,is just not very likely. Their was a profiler named Kim something(I forget the last name,he was a male) that used a computer program to show z most likely lived in the American Canyon area of Vallejo,I believe that couldbe true
Back to top Go down
doranchak
Captain

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
Nin

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:06 pm

doranchak wrote:
It was Kim Rossmo:

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=133

Thanks for posting that. Unfortunately the movie link leads you to Paramount and the report had been deleted.
There is probably another place to look for the report;I am really interested in reading it.

-Nin
Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
Nin

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:10 pm

There is a general report about geographical criminal profiling by Dr Kim Rossmo here. This is not the Zodiac report:

http://www.popcenter.org/library/crimeprevention/volume_04/10-Rossmo.pdf
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:59 pm

I would think (having not read that link...yet) people kill in a location they are comfortable with. Or should I say, VERY comfortable with. He obviously had some tie with the Vallejo/Benicia area. Maybe he lived there while in high school, while working at Mare Island, etc.

I just don't think you would go into a strange town to commit murders. He would want to have the upper-hand and imo, you just wouldn't have that in an area you were not familiar with.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 2:25 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
I would think (having not read that link...yet) people kill in a location they are comfortable with. Or should I say, VERY comfortable with. He obviously had some tie with the Vallejo/Benicia area. Maybe he lived there while in high school, while working at Mare Island, etc.

I just don't think you would go into a strange town to commit murders. He would want to have the upper-hand and imo, you just wouldn't have that in an area you were not familiar with.

I agree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:33 pm

morf13 - Profilers in cases of Green River Killer (Rigway) and BTK (Rader) very much were mistaken, as it became known after exposure of these criminals. The most known Ukrainian serial killer Anatoly Onoprienko made the majority of his 52 murders in cities, towns and villages, where he came and left by train or by car, subsequently he was arrested in town, where he didn't commit crimes. Means, it is necessary to study life of that Carl Nevis and to get his handwriting/fingerprints/DNA. But infinitely to prove something to someone I have no purpose.

Or you simply afraid and don't want to destroy a criminal secret of century?

tahoe27 - Yes, I have similar thought, I consider that the Zodiac was in these places journey and its were pleasant to him as places for murders, without any strong link.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:57 pm

morf13 wrote:
During the late 60's, & early 70's, they were living in Yuba County about 1 hour and 45 minutes from Vallejo where the bulk of the zodiac murders happened, and over 2 hours from San Fran where most of the z letters were mailed from.

I and many people would decide that this very good confirmation of that he could be a Zodiac! Idea Shocked
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:16 pm

morf13 wrote:
Logic states that a person killing in Vallejo/Napa primarily on weekends, and mailing letters from San Fran on weekdays, probably lives/works in one or the other,or someplace in between. For a person on a weekday, when they might have a job,to drive 90 minutes to 2 hours out of their way to kill and/or mail letters,is just not very likely. Their was a profiler named Kim something(I forget the last name,he was a male) that used a computer program to show z most likely lived in the American Canyon area of Vallejo,I believe that couldbe true

I agree. Statistically, the first offense is often less than two mile from the offender's place of residence or place of employment.

So, if it is not likely a "family man" committed these acts, is it likely Z was not a married man?
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:43 pm

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Zodiac was a very lonely man....or lived with his Mother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:46 pm

patinky - Oh... Most known of our serial killers Andrey Chikatilo had the wife and two children, but killed 53 victims in 13 years in the different cities. Other our serial killer Gennady Mihasevich too had the wife and two children and killed 38 women in 14 years between the different cities. And there is a lot of such examples Twisted Evil

tahoe27 - http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/PsychPortraits.htm

"The psychology and personality of the Zodiac killer have been the subject of speculation and debate for decades. Profilers, psychologists, and arm-chair detectives have weighed in with various theories regarding the killer's mind and motives. The popular portrait painted the Zodiac as a loner who was incapable of holding a steady job or maintaining any meaningful relationships with women. The same portrait was offered by experts who described the personality of other notorious serial killers such as the Green River killer and the B.T.K. strangler. Like the Zodiac, both GRK and BTK had killed and then disappeared for decades. BTK also telephoned authorities to report a murder and he sent several communications during his criminal career. The experts believed that GRK and BTK were also loners who were incapable of maintaining regular employment or relationships with members of the opposite sex.

FBI profilers and criminal profiling have become a part of pop culture. Many people who watch popular television shows such as CRIMINAL MINDS and PROFILER have come to believe that profiling is an exact science which can and does identify a specific type of individual as the perpetrator of a particular crime. However, history has proven that criminal profiling is largely guess-work, and the profiles are only as good as the person who prepared that profile. Further, an experienced profiler can examine the evidence and create a perfectly logical profile based on facts only to discover that the profile was completely wrong once the real perpetrator is identified.

After many years of hunting the BTK strangler, Wichita detectives turned to the experts and profilers for help. Some investigators believed that BTK was responsible for the murder of a young woman while others were absolutely convinced that the elusive killer was not involved in that crime. The experts examined the cases and conclued that BTK was definitely not responsible for the woman's murder. Then, in 2004, BTK resurfaced and sent his first communication in 25 years. The killer's package contained photographs he had taken during the murder of the woman in question, thereby refuting the conclusions of the experts. BTK was subsequently identified as Dennis Rader, a 59 year-old Animal Control worker. Rader again defied the experts-- he was married, fathered children, maintained a steady job and served as the president of his church. When authorities finally identified the Green River killer as Gary Ridgway, he did not match the criminal profile created by famous profiler John Douglas of the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit."

Idea

Last edited by sashafromdonetsk on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:59 pm

In the USA, although I haven't seen any professional statistics on the matter, there are single and married-with-children serial killers.

What I find most interesting (or odd) about Zodiac is the apparent lack of sexual involvement with the victims.

Killing humans for sport is a whole different ball game. What does that say about the killer?

I'd agree he could likely have lived with his mother. That probability is one thing that seemed to tie Arthur Leigh Allen to the suspect list. It is rare, however, for a child molester to be interested in anything other than stalking children.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I sometimes receive mystical helps"   "I sometimes receive mystical helps" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"I sometimes receive mystical helps"
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: