Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Raymond Huffman

Go down 
+2
StitchMallone
morf13
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Raymond Huffman - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:18 pm

Okay, I've figured out that it was Wilbur Leroy Huffman who died Dec. 7 1937, not Mary Lucinda Huffman.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Huffman&GSfn=Wilbur&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=31&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=38941811&df=all&

This is a picture of his headstone and other info.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:30 pm

Seagull wrote:
Okay, I've figured out that it was Wilbur Leroy Huffman who died Dec. 7 1937, not Mary Lucinda Huffman.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Huffman&GSfn=Wilbur&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=31&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=38941811&df=all&

This is a picture of his headstone and other info.
They don't list Mary Lu as his child hmm.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:43 pm

They don't list any of the female children on Wilbur's record at that site. If you click on Annabell's name, Wilbur's wife, Viola is listed as one of her children but Alice and Mary are still MIA. I will try to find an obit for one or more of these people. Maybe that will tell us something. At least we have dates and locations for their deaths.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Seagull wrote:
They don't list any of the female children on Wilbur's record at that site. If you click on Annabell's name, Wilbur's wife, Viola is listed as one of her children but Alice and Mary are still MIA. I will try to find an obit for one or more of these people. Maybe that will tell us something. At least we have dates and locations for their deaths.
Yes I noticed neither daughter was listed.. Cool and am looking myself.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:09 pm

Stitch I had zero luck at newspaperarchive.com looking up all of the names. There wasn't one stinking obit for any of them!
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:23 pm

Seagull wrote:
Stitch I had zero luck at newspaperarchive.com looking up all of the names. There wasn't one stinking obit for any of them!
That's okay Seagull I appreciate you helping me and your hard work. I'm thinking Mary may be still alive and can't find anything in the death index if she was born on February 24 1934. What I posted earlier I think the 1937 death was of Ray's dad but confusing why they had it at the bottom of the page. And made it look like it was Mary.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 6:17 pm

Since I seen a thread about Z being a homosexual, I forgot to add Raymond very well may have been one and shared a apartment with a known one for 5 years or longer.
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:15 pm

I found a Raymond Huffman, at 172 6th st in SF, in the 1969/1970 Polk's San Francisc City Directory.
Apparently this RH man lived, and worked as a manager, at "Dudley Apartments", "that's what the 172 6th st buliding is still called"
And of possible interrest, this is located aprox 0.4 miles from San Francisco Chronicle

Wheter this is the correct Raymond Huffman I don't know, but there were not many persons of that name in California.

Raymond Huffman - Page 2 RayHuffmanaddressinSF1969and1970_zps89533ee1
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:19 pm

I think thats him Foreigner,I recall him living in various apartment/hotel type places in San Fran and possibly being a caretaker/janitor/mgr type at one
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:39 pm

morf13 wrote:
I think thats him Foreigner,I recall him living in various apartment/hotel type places in San Fran and possibly being a caretaker/janitor/mgr type at one

Ok, thanks for the info, well then yes, that seems to point strongly that this is fact IS the correct RH.

I just checked and there was NO Raymond Huffman in the 1968 SF phonebook, AND neither in the 1971 SF phonebook.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 pm

I think it is the correct one also for the reasons Morf stated. Thanks for checking on Raymond Foreigner and didn't realize he lived that close to the Chronicle
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:48 pm

By the way,I know with certainty, Ray Huffman is NOT on the suspect list in Napa
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:54 pm

morf13 wrote:
By the way,I know with certainty, Ray Huffman is NOT on the suspect list in Napa
Thanks for the info. Like I said I know he was questioned by SFPD about his murder claims around 87 but who knows if they even mentioned the Zodiac.
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:01 pm

Has anyone mentioned it is close to Mason and Geary Streets? (Upper-middle right quadrant on map above)
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:04 pm

patinky wrote:
Has anyone mentioned it is close to Mason and Geary Streets? (Upper-middle right quadrant)
Yes I have in a earlier post saying it was less then a mile away from where Stine picked up Zodiac. I didn't realize the Chronicle was right by his apartment too. Pretty convent place to live for a Zodiac suspect.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Theforeigner wrote:
morf13 wrote:

Ok, thanks for the info, well then yes, that seems to point strongly that this is fact IS the correct RH.

I just checked and there was NO Raymond Huffman in the 1968 SF phonebook, AND neither in the 1971 SF phonebook.
That doesn't surprise me cause Ray had hardly any friends and not much use for a phone. Probably just used a pay phone when he needed too.
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:12 pm

StitchMallone wrote:
Theforeigner wrote:
morf13 wrote:

That doesn't surprise me cause Ray had hardly any friends and not much use for a phone. Probably just used a pay phone when he needed too.

BBM. Out of the mouth of babes. cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:26 pm

When he needed to use a phone mostly likely was a rare occasion. The big question about Raymond is if he ever owned or had access to a vehicle. If he didn't that would pretty much role him out as being Zodiac Imo cause we know Zodiac had to have access to a car.
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:31 pm

StitchMallone wrote:
When he needed to use a phone mostly likely was a rare occasion. The big question about Raymond is if he ever owned or had access to a vehicle. If he didn't that would pretty much role him out as being Zodiac Imo cause we know Zodiac had to have access to a car.

Or maybe he used rental cars? Iirc, the description of the vehicles at various Z scenes varied about as much as Z's physical description.

Btw - I wasn't being sassy about the phone. I was referring to the pay phone Z used. Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:41 pm

patinky wrote:
StitchMallone wrote:

Or maybe he used rental cars? Iirc, the description of the vehicles at various Z scenes varied about as much as Z's physical description.

Btw - I wasn't being sassy about the phone. I was referring to the pay phone Z used. Smile
Lol it's okay and I kinda miss pay phones but I don't cary a cell so maybe that is why. Yes that is a good point and Ray to me seems like the type to use rentals and may have not owned a vehicle. He was a loner and don't think he had much money when he no longer work at Lockheed. If he did use rentals I imagine they required a license to rent the vehicles and if that's the case the DMV should have records on him.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:55 pm

StitchMallone wrote:
morf13 wrote:
Thanks for the info. Like I said I know he was questioned by SFPD about his murder claims around 87 but who knows if they even mentioned the Zodiac.

Have you gone to SFPD with Huffman's info and details,as well as your suspicions of him? If not, you should,maybe you will find they have a Z file on him
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Back in those days you pretty much had to have a drivers license for ID. They did not have the ID cards that look like drivers licenses that they have today. My bet is that he did have a drivers license.

The payphone comments made me laugh. My late mother-in-law would not make long distance calls from her home phone, she didn't want the charges on her bill. She would walk to a pay phone to make any toll calls! She did that into the '90's!
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:04 pm

morf13 wrote:
StitchMallone wrote:
morf13 wrote:

Have you gone to SFPD with Huffman's info and details,as well as your suspicions of him? If not, you should,maybe you will find they have a Z file on him
Actually been thinking about it and wonder If Kevin Jones would give me a listen. They may already have Ray's finger prints from the 80's . Thanks for the advice and that might be the smart thing to do then keep looking for the smoking gun lol.

Last edited by StitchMallone on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:10 pm

Seagull wrote:
Back in those days you pretty much had to have a drivers license for ID. They did not have the ID cards that look like drivers licenses that they have today. My bet is that he did have a drivers license.

The payphone comments made me laugh. My late mother-in-law would not make long distance calls from her home phone, she didn't want the charges on her bill. She would walk to a pay phone to make any toll calls! She did that into the '90's!
Ah didn't know that and bet he didn't not own a vehicle but did rent. He lived in San Francisco since at least 68 to he died in 92 and believe that is where he worked also. Haha about your mother in law and knew others back in the day that did that.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:16 pm

StitchMallone wrote:
morf13 wrote:
StitchMallone wrote:
morf13 wrote:

Actually been thinking about it and wonder If Kevin Jones would give me a listen. They may already have Ray's finger prints from the 80's . Thanks for the advice and that might be the smart thing to do then keep looking for the smoking gun lol.

That's true. SFPD might have more background info then you have on Ray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raymond Huffman   Raymond Huffman - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Raymond Huffman
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next