Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lindsey

Go down 
+10
Seagull
StitchMallone
tracers
Nachtsider
Zamantha
rand
entropy
tahoe27
morf13
bentley
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bentley
Chief
bentley

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:42 pm

I'd still like to know about this guy. With his wife committing suicide and son going to prison you'd think there would be some news articles. Best I've been able to do is possible middle initial W.

Chuck Lindsey at the time worked for the solono county sheriff department. He also met or maybe even dated at least two of the victims that he met at a night club that was known as the san's club in vallejo. A few times we went to his house which was located in the hills behind Blue Rock Springs. we abserved pictures of all the victims on his desk in his house but didnt really think too much about it at the time because his job at the sheriffs department was taking photos of the homicide victims. Everybody always suspected him because of the description of the zodiac. The simmularities of Chuck and the zodiac were very much alike. A few years later I read in the vallejo times herald that his present wife had comitted suicide in the house in back of blue rock. later on he moved to suisun CA and around the same time a girl was found dead near his home. After that we basically lost contact with him. The only thing i heard was that his son had gone to prison for a long while. We had called to report our suspicions several times during the late 60's and early 70's. I do not want to give my name on the internet in case he is still alive.
Back to top Go down

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:55 pm

thanks bentley this is very interesting
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Just came across this in the yellow book. The person being quoted is Sgt. Ralf Wilson of VPD, who apparently happened to be looking into Buzz Gordon when this call came in. Got to be Lindsey. So when Graysmith found him in Reno he was tall, bald and thin. 1979 by then, so he could have gone bald in 8 years, maybe lost weight, doesn't say how tall. Prints didn't match the cab though...

Lindsey Lindse10
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Bentley, we have seen spelling errors in this case regarding names. Are you certain his last name is LINDSEY & not LINDSAY?

Could this be the guy?
Lindsey Cl10
From the 2/6/64 Oakland Tribune.

I couldnt imagine the police allowing a criminal to work for them.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Before I scrolled down I thought "this sounds like Jack in Graysmith's book"!

Morf--I bet that's the same guy. Interesting his first name is Herman!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:03 pm

tahoe27 wrote:

A guy by the same name (with the spelling of LINDSEY) wrote a letter to the editor:

Lindsey Edit10
From the 12/18/75 San Mateo Times
Back to top Go down

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:07 pm

I recall as well (completely unconnected probably but I'll throw it in) that on the night that David and Betty Lou died, Tom Balmer was making his way back from the scene of a bus jacking Quote:
"I'd already done one thing," he recalled of that evening. A gambler's bus had been hijacked going down Interstate 80 toward Reno and pulled off at the Travis Boulevard exit. The passengers were robbed before the suspects took off in a waiting car. "That was pretty exciting," Balmer recalled.

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:21 pm

tahoe27 wrote:

That is pretty interesting, but I really would doubt that the police would let a guy, that was guilty of a crime like this, work for the sheriff's Dept in any capacity.

Wish we could get an idea of this guy Linsey's or Lindsay's DOB, and his wife's name and son's name, we may be able to get some more info.
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:38 pm

morf13 wrote:
Bentley, we have seen spelling errors in this case regarding names. Are you certain his last name is LINDSEY & not LINDSAY?.

Not certain Morf, only have that anonymous email at top to go by, that's all I've ever seen on him aside from the yellow book mention.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:46 pm

bentley wrote:
morf13 wrote:
Bentley, we have seen spelling errors in this case regarding names. Are you certain his last name is LINDSEY & not LINDSAY?.

Not certain Morf, only have that anonymous email at top to go by, that's all I've ever seen on him aside from the yellow book mention.

What is the background of the email? Was it posted on a public site? Was it posted briefly at ZodiacZee? It sounds a bit familiar.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:50 pm

I would enlist the help of FOREIGNER in tracking down a man by that name to see if he really did exist in Solano County area.

I have found a handful of guys named CHARLES LINDSAY & CHARLES LINDSEY. Of special interest to you Bentley, may be one that was involved in TOASTMASTERS. In the same TOASTMASTERS article, a guy(not Charles) won an award for a speech(or paper) called "THE CONFESSION".
If anyone wants that article, let me know. I think it was from the Bay area in 1964 or so.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 3:27 pm

I did a search for death records in Solano counties for the name of LINDSAY & LINDSEY, and didnt find anything that seemed like it could be this guy's wife committing suicide.
Back to top Go down
entropy
Captain

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Looks like an interesting guy and an interesting potential POI if he is indeed the same person Graysmith is referring to. If he's the dude in morf's newspaper article, I honestly have difficulty imagining Z committing robbery with a bunch of teenagers but ya never know. Nice find and more nice research by morf.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:18 pm

Thanks. But if the guy in that article was Lindsey/Linsey, would police really hire him if he had been in trouble with the law?
Maybe he could have snuck into the evidence room, etc, and found tidbits of info about the LHR murders, then if he was Z, used the info he had found to add to the BRS letters. I really doubt it though, I think LHR was Z all the way.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:30 pm

morf13 wrote:
tahoe27 wrote:

A guy by the same name (with the spelling of LINDSEY) wrote a letter to the editor:

Lindsey Edit10
From the 12/18/75 San Mateo Times

Interesting that he uses the word, DOOMED:
Lindsey Hc13_e10
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:46 pm

morf13 wrote:
bentley wrote:
morf13 wrote:

What is the background of the email? Was it posted on a public site? Was it posted briefly at ZodiacZee? It sounds a bit familiar.

I'm trying to remember... this sounds SO familiar. Bentley, is this the same name of the guy that possibly lived behind Blue Rocks Springs, or am I mixed up?
Yes Morf, I'm interested in everything you can find on this guy. <--Awesome research!
And Rand, yeah that doomed verbiage....how often does someone use that word.
Curious... for sure!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:57 pm

Yeah I missed that word DOOM in the letter to the editor, interesting
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:04 am

Hi Zam, yes, the guy that lived behind BRS. Graysmith throws in LHR but it's got to be the same guy (worked for Solano SO, had photos of the victims...), read the first two posts again. The anonymous letter was on zk.com a long time ago.

If he was merely a photographer for the SO, and not a sworn officer, perhaps he could have been the guy that robbed the bus, not that it tells us much.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:45 pm

I am still looking into this guy, and I found this:

Below, I got both of these from Ancestry.com, and they are obviously one and the same (same DOB), but notice the different spellings.

Name: Herman Charles Lindsey
Service Info.: US MARINE CORPS
Birth Date: 30 Nov 1938
Death Date: 20 Dec 2002 (Oh the irony...or the Zyncronicity)
Cemetery: Rosser Cem
Cemetery Address: Rosser, TX 75157

Name: Herman C Lindsay
Birth Date: 30 Nov 1938
Address: A 1/7 Cav 1cd
City: Rosser
State: TX
Zip Code: 75157

Still not sure if the correct spelling is LINDSEY or LINDSAY.

This guy is dead, therefore, his Military records should be available thru a FOIA request, as well as any exisiting FBI file on him
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:10 pm

One more that fits the aprox. age of the guy arrested in the article that I posted (but not the full name HERMAN CHARLES LINDSAY):

Name: Charles Lindsay
Birth Date: 1 Sep 1938
Address: *** **** Ave Apt *, Beaumont, CA, 92223-2360 (7 hours from Vallejo-but only 29 minutes from Riverside)
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:22 pm

What I cant figure is, if this man existed (Lindsey or Lindsay) as has been related to is, and his wife committed suicide, why we cant find a record of his wife's death? I looked in both Solano & Alameda county records for a woman's death that would seem to be his wife, but I am coming up empty.
Do we know her name, or when this supposedly happened? His wife's name may be the key here
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm

Found one more article about the bus robbery from the 12/14/63 Hayward Daily Review:
Lindsey Lin10
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:33 pm

morf13 wrote:
What I cant figure is, if this man existed (Lindsey or Lindsay) as has been related to is, and his wife committed suicide, why we cant find a record of his wife's death? I looked in both Solano & Alameda county records for a woman's death that would seem to be his wife, but I am coming up empty.
Do we know her name, or when this supposedly happened? His wife's name may be the key here

There seems to be a few "Curious" Suicides that keep coming up when we are looking at possible Z clues. I always wonder...was it really suicide?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:50 am

bentley wrote:
I'd still like to know about this guy. With his wife committing suicide and son going to prison you'd think there would be some news articles. Best I've been able to do is possible middle initial W.

Chuck Lindsey at the time worked for the solono county sheriff department. He also met or maybe even dated at least two of the victims that he met at a night club that was known as the san's club in vallejo. A few times we went to his house which was located in the hills behind Blue Rock Springs. we abserved pictures of all the victims on his desk in his house but didnt really think too much about it at the time because his job at the sheriffs department was taking photos of the homicide victims. Everybody always suspected him because of the description of the zodiac. The simmularities of Chuck and the zodiac were very much alike. A few years later I read in the vallejo times herald that his present wife had comitted suicide in the house in back of blue rock. later on he moved to suisun CA and around the same time a girl was found dead near his home. After that we basically lost contact with him. The only thing i heard was that his son had gone to prison for a long while. We had called to report our suspicions several times during the late 60's and early 70's. I do not want to give my name on the internet in case he is still alive.

I am all for looking into this guy, but what two victims had he supposedly dated that he would have met at a Vallejo night club?

Certainly not Betty Lou Jensen, and Cecilia would be unlikey. That only leaves Darlene Ferrin as a confirmed Z victim. The unconfirmed Z victims would be Lass & Bates, and Bates doesnt seem likely. So that narrows it down to Ferrin & Lass as the most likely victims that would have dated a guy they met at a club.

I am also surprised that Sandy wouldnt have known anybody by that name, or knew of someone that knew this guy. Perhaps Sandy can ask around to verify it.
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
Nachtsider

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:39 pm

That could be an apocryphal statement from Graysmith's book.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
Sponsored content

Lindsey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey Empty

Back to top Go down

Lindsey
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: