Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Celebrity Cipher

Go down 
+12
Jem
Quicktrader
Theforeigner
kirkham
tracers
Seagull
traveller1st
onewhoknows
sandy betts
Nachtsider
AK Wilks
morf13
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:29 pm

Celebrity Cipher Celeb10
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:03 am

The woman on the stamp is poet Marianne Moore.
Back to top Go down

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:16 pm

....very interesting, AK...
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
Nachtsider

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:00 pm

Nah. The handwriting and cipher characters (including the alignment of the cipher characters) look all wrong to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:55 pm

Comparison of Celebrity Cipher Card and some Zodiac writing, put together by me and AweShucks.

Celebrity Cipher Zodiac17
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Z note   Celebrity Cipher EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:56 pm

The card is so very Z like to me, and the Idea that the first letters look like ROBT. I like that card very much LOL. I do believe that it was a warning of a killing at a Sandy beach in Calif. The Z enjoys giving fair warnings.
Check out the date it was mailed.
Naturally anyone who has a suspect in jail, or long dead, would not see how Z like it is. I tend to believe that the Zodiac is very much alive and is still killing, but not announcing it, just as he said he would do. That could be the only time he told the truth ?

I am pretty sure there will be more information about that Celeb card, when Lyndon's book comes out towards the end of the year. Zam and I will be the first in line to get a autographed copy of that book !
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Just bumping this as it was recently mentioned.

It does say "SANDY BEACHES - CALIFORNIA" on the lower left side.

There have been some attempts to solve the code, but not yet an agreed proven solution.

This is what I came up with a while back. Warning: I was more into anagrams back then, now I think extreme anagrams have too much possible variation and multiplicity of solutions, thus I am not as crazy about them, but some limited anagram use is possible, as mentioned by the FBI in their analysis of the 340 Cipher.

D G O L R
O T N H U L A P
T E U R S L T C V R
OT U A C O S, L (A, S or J)

T E _ L
U Y _ H
H O D I H P
T M
D G O L R
O T N H U L A P

September 25, 1990

The "_" means I have no clue. The rest I have made very, very early provisional possible first stage solves using Harden, 340 and Fairfield. SOME of these or even a LOT of these could be wrong. There could be a "V" symbol before the "T E _ L", and in Harden that is a "B".

Could be some are regular anagrams (DGOLR = Gold R?) , maybe some or all then use Caesar 0-3-6-9?

This is PROBABLY a Zodiac hoax. The message could read "ha ha dumb cops North High rocks go Raiders! PS I luv Kelly".

In May 1990 Judi Bari was car bombed in OAKLAND and someone probably mailed a strange Zodiac Xmas card to the Chronicle in December 1990 from EUREKA, where bari had been protesting.

That the reverse of the card is said to have driftwood on an ocean beach is interesting.

I feel compelled to give a shot to any possible Z code, even if it is 90% likely a hoax.

As a regular anagram the fourth line can give you: OUST ALCOA or COAST LA (with OU left over).

Regular anagram application can give:

GOLD COAST LA

Meaning "Gold Coast Los Angeles".

Regular anagram application can give:

GAVIOTA TUNNEL ORANGE COAST

Site of June 1963 murder of couple. Their bodies were dragged into a driftwood shack by the beach. The image on the front of the card is said to be driftwood on a sandy beach by the ocean.

If this was a hoax, perhaps the hoaxer was well versed in Zodiac possible crimes.

NOTE: I now think much of this possible translation I did was wrong. Someone translated the fourth line as OAKLAND, CA and I now think that is likely correct.

One of the things that makes me think this MIGHT be real is that 1990 was when Zodiac mailed an Xmas card (approximate 22th anniversary of Xmas week 1968 attack), and this card was mailed on the 21th anniversary of the Zodiac LB attack on 9/27/69. Add to that the evidence that TJK was in Northern Cal in winter of 1990 and in Oakland in summer/fall 1990.

I can't say if this card ir real or hoax, but it does interest me. And it lacks the copycat language and show off nature of most hoaxes.

There are strong evidentiary and MO links between the SB beach attack and the Zodiac LB beach attack. Same .22 LR ammo Winchester Super X used in SB and Zodiac LHR 68, and SB 63 and LB 69 share use of knife - gun - rope, ordering female to tie male, then tightening, overkill gun shot wounds and overkill stab wounds, attack on couple on a blanket at the beach.

On something like the February 5, 1964 "Honeymoon Murder" of newly married US Navy sailor Swindle and his wife by a .22 rifle in San Diego, on the beach. Like SB and LB, we have a .22 caliber LR ammo attack on a couple at a beach. Then there is the knife murder of John Hood, a decorated Vietnam Vet, and girlfriend Sandra Garcia, at Cemetery Beach in Santa Barbara, on Feb 21, 1970.

Now, there was also a man named Joseph Henry Burgess who was killing couples with a .22 in California! He just got killed in New Mexico. He might have done the 2004 Allen - Cutshall murders in Jenner, CA, but his MO and other factors make it unlikely he did these ones.

There is some evidence linking these couples murders - 63 SB, 64 SD, 69 LB and 70 SB. The gun used in SB 63 was not the same gun as 64 SD, though they were both .22 caliber. The ammo from 63 SB and 68 LHR match up.

ROLAND and www.zodiologist.com also did an impressive possible solution to this code:

Celebrity Cipher Z63_ci10

I think it says:

DIRGE
SET UP RED
EXPERIENCE
RIPENED, IO
PT FOR
PLEA /
AS DEAD
EX
DIRGE
SET UP RED

They offer some very interesting possible references that their proposed code solution may make to SB 63, suspect "Sandy" as researched by Ricardo of www.mk-zodiac.com , the Donna Lass case, a poem and a Dylan song.

I would also note this card is postmarked OAKLAND September 25, 1990, and that in OAKLAND on May 24, 1990, activist Judi Bari was blown up in a car bomb. She was a feminist, environmentalist and had demonstrarted in support of the Nicaraguan communists, and was labeled by her critics as a "RED". Her bomber admitted in a letter he had planted a bomb at a lumber mill in an attempt to set up Bari as having done that bombing.

http://www.zodiologists.com/z63_cipher_introduction.html

http://www.zodiologists.com/z63_cipher.html

http://www.zodiologists.com/z63_cipher_solution.html

http://www.zodiologists.com/z63_cipher_interpretation.html

http://www.zodiologists.com/z63_card_referencs.html

Back to top Go down
onewhoknows
Chief
onewhoknows

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:44 pm

you mean, "I opt for plea" Dead Ex? scary........
Looks like Zodiac printing to me, see the A,C,T,M
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:00 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
Comparison of Celebrity Cipher Card and some Zodiac writing, put together by me and AweShucks.

Celebrity Cipher Zodiac17
Bari's ex husband was also a suspect in the bombing. I do think the writing looks like Zodiac. Maybe Roland can comment on his solution and the interesting connections to the 'dirge' poem that mentions 'pines'.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:26 pm

I dunno, look at the L's on the celebrity 'cypher' card. The aren't like any of Zodiac's.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:53 pm

Anyone else want to take a crack at this code? I am now quite certain that the fourth line in the code does translate as 'oakland, ca'.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:05 pm

TF had a pretty good translation of it with Oakland in it didn't she?
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:16 pm

Can someone post it?
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Think this is it. Posted by TF on ZKF

Aquiman

This might be what you refer to.

I made this "solution" back in Aug 2009.

I based it on that that someone else, can´t remember who, belived the town in the addres was Oakland, CA. and I took it from there filled in the letters from "Oakland, CA" and guessed the rest of the letters that is in my "solution"
I´m certanly NOT saying my "Solution" is correct, it was just my try on it, and I´m NOT skilled in ciphers/codes whatsoever.

Celebrity Cipher Untitl10
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:02 pm

I asked thebigZ and Doranchak if they had any thoughts on this. BigZ said he would look through his notes. Doranchak said:

I've looked at that cipher before but haven't spent much time with it.

The most interesting "chunk" of the cipher, to me, is this: IZY+FBI>c+ [NOTE: This is the 3rd line].

Looks like that is a 10-letter word, whose 1st and 7th positions are the same, and whose 4th and 10th positions are the same.

Here are 10-letter words in English that match that pattern:

oglethorpe
attendance
acceptable
acceptance
transition
restaurant
allegiance
liberalize
aftertaste

Perhaps plugging in one of those, or some other matching word, will reveal more plaintext in the remainder of the cipher.

AK Wilks: Interesting idea. Or could "FBI" in the 3rd line actually mean "FBI"?

I think the possible solution Trav1st posted above may have some merit. I agree with the 4th line of OAKLAND, CA. And the DO YOU KNOW (WHAT) MY NAME IS seems to fit quite nicely! Looking at the 5 symbol, 8 symbol repeat at the start and finish, what is that? That seems to be the "NAME"? I may see if ALORD SAVENGER ILORD AVENGERS or some variation fits.

I agree the Zodiac crosshair could be "N", but the crosshair filled in may be something else, maybe "I" or "A".
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:13 pm

If we could understand why the writer of this card has called it "Celebrity Cypher" it might be a clue to what it says. So far none of the solutions have hinted at any kind of a celebrity connection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Seagull wrote:
If we could understand why the writer of this card has called it "Celebrity Cypher" it might be a clue to what it says. So far none of the solutions have hinted at any kind of a celebrity connection.

I understand that the "Celebrity Cipher" was a game that ran in the newspaper? Where you have to decode the name of a famous person?

Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Thanks AK I was unaware of that.

I did a search for "Celebrity Cipher" at newspaperarchive.com. The oldest Celebrity Cipher puzzle I could find ran in newspapers in 1993, in the Ukiah Daily Journal. This does not mean that the puzzles didn't run in other papers before then. The archive could just not have the papers that ran it at an earlier date.

This is what one of the ciphers looked like. It ran in the UDJ March 14, 1993.

Celebrity Cipher Celebritycipher

Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Celebrity Cypher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Morf, I posted late last night about the celebrity card, but for what ever reason one of your mods decided it should be deleted ? If I post something that you feel should be deleted at least let me know why ? This is the second time this has happened here. I will attempt to post it again.
Yesterday's post told that I had seen the code solution. It was done by someone who was taught code in the military, so I believe it to be the true solution.
Sorry but I have been asked to hold off on showing it just yet.( I am very sure it is in Lyndon's book is why I must wait.)
I can tell you that the front of the card shows a beach front with lots of driftwood , very much like the beach at Jenner.
It's as if it was a warning that Zodiac was trolling Calif. beaches , looking for more victims ?

The solution has the word "Slut" in it.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:45 pm

That is cool Sandy, I look forward to seeing that possible solution when you can post it. To my knowledge no mod deleted your post it must have been a tech error we do get those soemtimes.

I would love to see the image on this card...driftwood on a sandy beach does bring to mind 6/4/63, the driftwood shack, the suspect SANDY, the beach...

Seagull thnaks for the info.

So the Celebrity Cipher involves a QUOTE OR SAYING from a famous person. In this respect the possible decrypt of "DO YOU KNOW WHAT MY NAME IS" is a saying or quote from the Zodiac.

Celebrity Cipher Untitl10

I agree the Zodiac crosshair could be "N", but the crosshair filled in could be something else, maybe "I" or "A".
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Sandy I don't know who deleted your post, it wasn't me! I know exactly the solution you are talking about as I did a screen capture of it when you asked Vallejo Dave to post it for you at Tom's back in 2006. It was lost when that board was hacked but I'm pretty sure that I wasn't the only one to make a copy of it.

Let's try it again and see if it gets deleted.

Celebrity Cipher Celebritycypher

Back to top Go down
tracers
Chief
tracers

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Is this the post Vallejo Dave made for Sandy year's back? If so, it is still online

http://www.zodiackiller.com/discus/messages/27/212.html

Look about 3/4's down the page.
Back to top Go down
onewhoknows
Chief
onewhoknows

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:03 pm

Notice how Vallejo Times Herald is misspelled as Herold

Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:43 pm

tracers wrote:
Is this the post Vallejo Dave made for Sandy year's back? If so, it is still online

http://www.zodiackiller.com/discus/messages/27/212.html

Look about 3/4's down the page.

I looked and looked on the old board for that post but didn't look in the Sandy thread. Good find!!!
Back to top Go down
kirkham
Sergeant

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:41 pm

the bottom right line reads from right to left play ovid...Ovid.read somewhere was a roman poet/ satirist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Celebrity Cipher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Cipher   Celebrity Cipher Empty

Back to top Go down

Celebrity Cipher
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next