Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana

Go down 
+6
tahoe27
AK Wilks
katana9q
sandy betts
Nachtsider
morf13
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:41 am

StitchMallone wrote:
Thanks Morf for all you did and awesome phone interview and can not ask better then that. I been fallowing this case for 5 plus years and this POI is the best of the best in my opinion. Tahoe love your attitude and totally agree if LE don't give two craps then its time to civilians to do what they can. Tahoe agree lets either crap or get off the pot!

Thanks, I think this guy is really an interesting POI as well, but unless anybody can place him in the bay area in 1969, I have a feeling he will remain a dead end.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks for the compliment Stitch.

We all need to be thankful to Katana for coming forward with this info, regardless if this guy is THE Zodiac or not. Had Katana NOT said anything, THAT would have been irresponsible (for lack of a better word).

I still believe it will be something/someone like this which gets Zodiac caught. But, there are a lot of weirdos out there who would enjoy being accused or people being suspicious of them!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 2:04 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
But, there are a lot of weirdos out there who would enjoy being accused or people being suspicious of them!

Like... Arthur Leigh Allen for example?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 2:10 pm

I am looking forward to hearing more from Katana when he is able to post more. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
katana9q
Police Officer

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:35 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
Katana

Thanks for coming here and giving us the benefit of your knowledge. There are many members here who are very interested in this person as a possible suspect in the Z case, as well as many skeptics. The more truthful information we can establish, the better, and you are helping us do that.

My questions:

1. Other than calling himself "Zodiac", which he admits, what else can you tell us to help include or exclude him as a suspect? Given the popularity of horoscopes and zodiacs, and given that he had an unusual name with a "Z" in it, I personally do not find it very interesting that he called himself "Zodiac". In fact, given that he openly called himself that, I consider him perhaps the least likeliest person to be the killer "Zodiac".

Can you tell us if this man:

A: Was of high intelligence?

B: Showed any interest or aptitude for codes?

C: Owned or was interested in guns, hunting, opera, "The Mikado", the story/film "The Most Dangerous Game"?

D: Showed any interest in bombs, explosives, chemicals?

2. You say you heard him utter the words "This is the Zodiac speaking". Is it POSSIBLE you merged your memory of him calling himself "Zodiac" with your later awareness of the criminal writing letters stating "This is the Zodiac speaking"? If he did say this, can you explain why haven't hundreds or at least dozens of fellow students reported this? Can you in fact give the names of other students who can testify to his saying "This is the Zodiac speaking".

3. In pictures this man, who is Arabic, appears to be dark skinned with black hair. He does not appear to match any of the sketches or descriptions of the Zodiac. As someone who knew him, can you shed any light on this issue?

AK,

I do not know if Zode has a high intelligence level. I can say that while in high school it appeared that he wanted to give students that impression. He always carried a leather type brief case in one hand and frequently had books under his other arm. I cannot remember seeing him without a pencil/pen protector in his shirt pocket. He just seemed to carry himself as if he wanting students to view him as being intelligent.

I have no knowledge of the Zode having any interest in guns, hunting, opera/films, such as the Mikado/The Most Dangerous Game, bombs, explosives or chemicals.

I previously answered question #2.

3. Zode is of Lebanese descent.

Katana9Q
Back to top Go down
katana9q
Police Officer

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Jon55 wrote:
Katana
Hello and welcome

I do appreciate you coming and telling what you know and I think alot of this will be rather hard on you as we are by and large a rather skeptical group. However I think if you hang in there you will make a few good friends that will make the experience more than worth while. Also there is the chance to reveal who z is and that would be worth a great deal indeed.

Please do not stress if you cannot get to everyones questions most of us have been there and know that it is impossible at times to get to them all. You are to be commended for what you have already shared.

I just have one question at this time.

Do you know or have you heard of any instances of Zode mistreating animals?
I ask because that is where almost all serial killers start.

Jon55,

I fully understand your question, but I have no knowledge of Zode mistreating animals.

Katana9Q
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Katana

Thank you very much for answering my questions. I can tell that you are giving honest answers, to the best of your memory and ability, without trying to embellish them or slant them. I and others appreciate that.

This man is a continuing source of mystery in the case, and the efforts of you and Morf may help resolve the issues.

There were others who asked some questions, hopefully when you have time you can answer them as best you can. One in particular, by Tahoe, is of interest to me and probably others as well: Did you know a student named Mary Patricia Hautz, may have also gone by the name Patricia or Pat Hautz?

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:53 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
Katana

Thank you very much for answering my questions. I can tell that you are giving honest answers, to the best of your memory and ability, without trying to embellish them or slant them. I and others appreciate that.

This man is a continuing source of mystery in the case, and the efforts of you and Morf may help resolve the issues.

There were others who asked some questions, hopefully when you have time you can answer them as best you can. One in particular, by Tahoe, is of interest to me and probably others as well: Did you know a student named Mary Patricia Hautz, may have also gone by the name Patricia or Pat Hautz?

Thanks again.

Thanks again Katana for your answers, I agree, you definitely seem to be honest & forthcoming regarding your memories of ZODE.
Back to top Go down
Luke68
Lieuntenant
Luke68

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi Katana

Firstly, I'd like to reiterate the thanks that other forum members have already extended to you for your time to come onto this board and answer questions.

I have two for now:

1. Do you remember how he walked - was it normal or with any kind of limp or strange gait?
2. Did he ever draw/talk/write about water (sea, lakes, that sort of thing) that you can remember?
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Luke68 wrote:
Hi Katana

Firstly, I'd like to reiterate the thanks that other forum members have already extended to you for your time to come onto this board and answer questions.

I have two for now:

1. Do you remember how he walked - was it normal or with any kind of limp or strange gait?
2. Did he ever draw/talk/write about water (sea, lakes, that sort of thing) that you can remember?

Luke, those are good questions, and hopefully Katana can answer them.

One thing you and others should know, and it is a point of interest considering evidence of the possible Zodiac interest in crime scenes by water or with water related names, is that this suspect Zodiac actually has the word for a body of water in his name.
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
Nachtsider

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:31 pm

Katana, I posted some questions earlier; you may have missed them:

Nachtsider wrote:
The next questions I have for Katana are:

1. Do you have any knowledge of our man serving in the military, or being in any profession that would expose him to weapons usage, cryptography, explosives and/or electronics?

2. Do you know of his activities during the period 1971-1978? Incarcerations, institutionalizations or the like, in particular?

3. What is your take on the Belli incident?

Thanks for posting here; you're bringing some very intriguing stuff to the table.

My apologies if you did, indeed, read them, but just haven't answered yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
katana9q
Police Officer

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Nachtsider wrote:
Katana's statements make it clear that someone is being less than forthcoming. And I'm not talking about Katana. Morf, I think my previous advice that anything coming out of Morton's mouth is suspect has only strengthened in value. Tread carefully.

Morton taking on a 'persona', to the point of referring to himself by its name and in the third person, smacks of dissociation as a means of coping with trauma. As per Mike Kelleher and David Van Nuys' analysis of Zodiac's mind, there was a significant dissociative component to Zodiac's crimes - I tend to strongly agree. Curiouser and curiouser.

AK Wilks wrote:
But since Zodiac was intelligent and never got caught, I find it difficult to believe that a boy who went around calling himself "Zodiac" would later murder people and then sign letters as "Zodiac". See my point?
Stranger things have happened. Look at Harris and Klebold, who IMO have a very similar psychological makeup to Zodiac. They practically broadcast their murder plans before the event. If anything, Morton's history of being picked on at school only strenghtens the psych link.

AK Wilks wrote:
More importantly, why have there not been dozens of fellow students reporting that he said "This is the Zodiac speaking"?
Because they don't care? As the saying goes, evil triumphs when good men do nothing; this might be a textbook example.

The next questions I have for Katana are:

1. Do you have any knowledge of our man serving in the military, or being in any profession that would expose him to weapons usage, cryptography, explosives and/or electronics?

2. Do you know of his activities during the period 1971-1978? Incarcerations, institutionalizations or the like, in particular?

3. What is your take on the Belli incident?

Thanks for posting here; you're bringing some very intriguing stuff to the table.

Nachtsider,

Two years ago I recruited a researcher, who reported back to me that Zode was not listed in the miltary database at the Military Records Center in St Louis. I don't have my records readilly available, but I recall he mentioned that he could not verify if Zode served in the Merchant Marines as that database is maintained at another location. I later made contact with a former PHS graduate, who told me that Zode never served in the military. He added that Zode would not have been able, emotionally or mentally, to make it through boot camp. Knowing what I do about Zode I would have to agree with this. The person I received this information from is in a position to know. I also know that the father of Zode's closest friend owned and operated a military surplus store in San Bernardino at 9th and I Street.

In regard to question #2, I don't have any knowledge/information to help out on this except that, based on Morf's research, we now know that in the early '70s Zode was involved with the Riverside University.

In regard to the Belli incident, I found it very interesting that Zode, in his letter to Morf, seems to gush when he speaks about Belli, "the late but then great trial lawyer, Melvin Belli." Surprisingly Zode doesn't indicate that he was angry/embarrassed/offended for having been set up for the Belli conforntation or that he was used by ASHMAN "to draw talent to promote the school..." I find this very unusual and somewhat revealing.

Hope the above helps.

Katana9Q
Back to top Go down
katana9q
Police Officer

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Luke68 wrote:
Hi Katana

I have two for now:

Luke68,

I cannot remember an occasion when I saw Zode walking that he was not somewhat hunched over and looking down at the ground. Zero eye contact! Can't recall any kind of limp or strange gait. I have no information/knowledge to help out on question #2.

Katana9Q
Back to top Go down
katana9q
Police Officer

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:28 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
Welcome Stitch!

KATANA---Please forgive me if you have mentioned this before. Did you know (or know of) Patricia (Mary) Hautz when you were in high school with her?

Tahoe27,

I did not know, or know of, Patricia Hautz at PHS. I checked e-yearbook to see if she may have attended Golden Valley (GV) Jr high (I attended GV one year) or Del Vallejo, where I finished Jr High, but found nothing. I do know that Zodes best friend, a former PHS student, was friends with Patricia Hautz. I am aware that this former PHS student also knows Patricia Hautz's husband, who is a well known and award winning actor in local theatre productions in the Inland Empire (Berdoo/Riverside, etc). It has been my belief that this former PHS student may very well be the conduit through which Patricia Hautz and Zode may have possibly come to know each other. In regard to this former PHS, I can say with almost virtual certainty that he is not iinvolved with the Zodiac crimes. I say this based on a lot of personal knowledge/information I have on this individual. The information I have just shared is sensitive and for me to disclose more could jeopardize my ability to gather more information in the future. I hope you understand.

Katana9Q
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
Nachtsider

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:45 pm

It's indeed helpful, Katana - thanks for answering my questions.

Speculation has abounded that Zodiac may not have been mentally fit for military service on account of his possible problems with authority figures and emotional disturbances, but he would have nevertheless displayed militaristic influences in his speech, dress, choice of weapons, et cetera on account of it making him feel empowered. I can see something like this happening with Zode.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
katana9q
Police Officer

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:04 am

Nachtsider wrote:
It's indeed helpful, Katana - thanks for answering my questions.

Speculation has abounded that Zodiac may not have been mentally fit for military service on account of his possible problems with authority figures and emotional disturbances, but he would have nevertheless displayed militaristic influences in his speech, dress, choice of weapons, et cetera on account of it making him feel empowered. I can see something like this happening with Zode.

Nachtsider,

I believe Zode has felt tremendous empowerment through his CA state licensing to wear a badge and a carry gun, as part of his security/patrol investigations work. Frankly, knowing that Zode has a badge and gun is quite scarry.

Katana9Q
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:17 am

Katana do you know where Zode did security and building hey may have guarded and etc ?
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:56 am

StitchMallone wrote:
Katana do you know where Zode did security and building hey may have guarded and etc ?

Yeah this question crossed my mind also. Wondering if he even could of done some on call security work. <-- But if this is
the case, he could of been paid under the table....meaning no records. Need to tap into Zodes past. Be nice if we could find
some people that knew him as a child and through the years.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 7:13 am

StitchMallone wrote:

Zode actually told me where, but I forget. The way it sounded, he sort of 'fell' into security because of his failed attempts at college & law.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 7:24 am

Thanks Morf and asked cause I had pictures of a car guy with writing similar to Z's He was security guard for a Sony company in redwood City but probably not Zodde since this guy was in the Navy.
Back to top Go down
katana9q
Police Officer

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:06 am

StitchMallone wrote:

Stich,

I only know that he worked for a security company that dispatched employees where there happened to be a need. I don't know the areas/locations where he may have worked. I deducted that the security work was temporary, not full-time, to cover for absent full-time employees on vacation, illness, etc.

Katana9Q
Back to top Go down
Luke68
Lieuntenant
Luke68

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 3:43 pm

katana9q wrote:
tahoe27 wrote:
Welcome Stitch!

KATANA---Please forgive me if you have mentioned this before. Did you know (or know of) Patricia (Mary) Hautz when you were in high school with her?

Tahoe27,

I did not know, or know of, Patricia Hautz at PHS. I checked e-yearbook to see if she may have attended Golden Valley (GV) Jr high (I attended GV one year) or Del Vallejo, where I finished Jr High, but found nothing. I do know that Zodes best friend, a former PHS student, was friends with Patricia Hautz. I am aware that this former PHS student also knows Patricia Hautz's husband, who is a well known and award winning actor in local theatre productions in the Inland Empire (Berdoo/Riverside, etc). It has been my belief that this former PHS student may very well be the conduit through which Patricia Hautz and Zode may have possibly come to know each other. In regard to this former PHS, I can say with almost virtual certainty that he is not iinvolved with the Zodiac crimes. I say this based on a lot of personal knowledge/information I have on this individual. The information I have just shared is sensitive and for me to disclose more could jeopardize my ability to gather more information in the future. I hope you understand.

Katana9Q

Thanks Katana.

Did/does he smoke cigarettes?
Back to top Go down
katana9q
Police Officer

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 4:11 pm

Luke68 wrote:
katana9q wrote:
tahoe27 wrote:
Welcome Stitch!

Tahoe27,

Katana9Q

Thanks Katana.

Did/does he smoke cigarettes?

Tahoe27,

I never saw him smoke cigarettes.

Katana9Q
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 5:16 pm

Thanks Katana for your response.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:58 pm

RE: 'ZODE' CHAT SPECIAL....Saturday Night 5/21/11, 10pm Eastern time/7pm Pacific time

This upcoming Saturday night, we will be holding a very special chat session about 'Zode', the Zodiac suspect from San Bernardino. We will be discussing clues, background, and a number of different things regarding him as a possible suspect. KATANA9Q, a fellow student of Zode's, and a new member here,will be taking part in the chat. As you probably know, Katana has gathered alot of info over the years on Zode. In addition, we will be sharing ideas, and asking opinions, on how to keep an open dialogue with Zode, without alienating him, or pressuring him too much, or driving him away.

If anybody has interest in ZODE, this will be a chat that you do not want to miss! Hope to see a big turn out. (If you have not used chat before, check it out anytime. You can sign in to it at the bottom of the main page.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana   ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ZODE from Pacific High School Q&A for Katana
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next